Starting a Club

beaglegirl50

Probably the best way would be to hold an event to see if anyone is interested.

Maybe you would need to hold more than one event to actually gauge the interest.

So I would basically just coordinate a new event and post it on here? Is that all there is to it?

Well, yes...basically.

You would probably want to state in the write-up that the purpose of the event is to explore the possibility of starting a local Geocaching organization.

Probably the best way would be to hold an event to see if anyone is interested.

Maybe you would need to hold more than one event to actually gauge the interest.

So I would basically just coordinate a new event and post it on here? Is that all there is to it?

Well, yes...basically.

You would probably want to state in the write-up that the purpose of the event is to explore the possibility of starting a local Geocaching organization.

Thank you so much!!

hit up some social media outlets.

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Also, start a meet-up group on Meetup.com.

Start inviting folks to cache with you, schedule events as mentioned above (meetup.com is good for getting caches as reviewers don't allow those as "event caches" anymore.

promote, promote, promote.

Food meetings work well. Cheap, but sit down style works best.

Have some build parties. That is, have either a cacher who makes good caches show others, or just do a "figure it out" group.

Have other sessions about how to help making caching or cache hiding easier and more creative.

Personally I would start with the statewide group, should there be one.

Follow me here.

Statewide groups have no problems with local groups, who are open, clear, and welcoming. How much webmaster work you want to do is up to you. None? Facebook could handle it.

Best caching I've ever done was contacting a local for recommendations. Why not let the larger group link to your efforts? It's all caching.

I am interested in starting a new club in Huron Co., Ohio. What are the best ways to start one? We have nothing up in the Norwalk/Sandusky area, and I'd love to get something going to meet new friends in our area!

DOH!!!! I missed the Ohio part. My bad. :lol: Edited by ngrrfan