How to tag a friend in a log

SheepPickle

So, we were out with some friends on a hunt, and I logged it, but how can I "tag" them in it ???

Do you mean tag their faces on the photo you uploaded? Like in Facebook?

If so, that's not a feature offered on the GC site. I suppose you can include their names in the photo caption.

Yeah, this ain't Facebook. No tagging here (and I hope it stays that way).

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough ... Since two of us were out together and both have accounts, when I added the comments, I was hoping to add his name and have it add to his account ... I'm guessing he'll just have to log the find separately ... Or am I missing something

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough ... Since two of us were out together and both have accounts, when I added the comments, I was hoping to add his name and have it add to his account ... I'm guessing he'll just have to log the find separately ... Or am I missing something

Each person is responsible for their own logs, so yes to your guess.

Each person is responsible for their own logs, so yes to your guess.

Gotcha, thanks !!!!

This request has been asked quite a few times lately and I believe is inspired by social sites.

The problem is, though the idea sounds like a good one, it would be too open to logging abuse.

Kind of a, " while I'm in Spain next week, I'll log you with me. You do the same for me when you're in France next Month, okay?" thing.

- Ripe for abuse.

You probably did not like the responses you got, but you may well see that not all geocachers care too much for Fakebook. So much so, that most would not like to see geocaching.com resemble facebook in the least.

You can guess where my vote would stand.

I really don't think many of us would appreciate others' comments on our logs. No... this is something you can keep to yourself.

This request has been asked quite a few times lately and I believe is inspired by social sites.

The problem is, though the idea sounds like a good one, it would be too open to logging abuse.

Kind of a, " while I'm in Spain next week, I'll log you with me. You do the same for me when you're in France next Month, okay?" thing.

- Ripe for abuse.

^THIS^

And it could go both ways.

Someone 'tags' their friend in on a find they were not actually a part of.

Or someone 'tags' someone else in on a log that says something the person 'tagged in' doesn't agree with.

I'll write my own logs and take responsibility for the content, thank-you very much.

You probably did not like the responses you got, but you may well see that not all geocachers care too much for Fakebook. So much so, that most would not like to see geocaching.com resemble facebook in the least.

You can guess where my vote would stand.

I really don't think many of us would appreciate others' comments on our logs. No... this is something you can keep to yourself.

Wow, normally I would comment on how rude a comment like this is, but I guess I'll just "keep it to myself" ... For the rest of you, thanks for your comments, I appreciate you help.