Multiple caches on a single circular walk

Hi guys i need some help we are currently in a Geocaching war with one of our friends he only started a few months ago and is well in the lead

<_< <_<

I need help finding walks in derbyshire or around derbyshire where i can pick up lots of caches in a single day.

her has found walks where there are over 30 in a few miles . PLease help me to keep up with him.

I know you are fairly new. Are you aware that you can use the maps to look where all the caches are in your area? When you go to the page that lists the caches at the upper right there is Map this location link. Once you access the map you can make it bigger or smaller and move it around to see where all the caches are in your area and surrounding areas. If you know of certain trails, walking paths etc you can look in those areas for caches. Hope this helps. I know that Look at the maps might not help if you don't know how to access the maps.

I know you are fairly new. Are you aware that you can use the maps to look where all the caches are in your area? When you go to the page that lists the caches at the upper right there is Map this location link. Once you access the map you can make it bigger or smaller and move it around to see where all the caches are in your area and surrounding areas. If you know of certain trails, walking paths etc you can look in those areas for caches. Hope this helps. I know that Look at the maps might not help if you don't know how to access the maps.

Hi

Yes we do look at the maps but inly upgradesdlast night to premium so I now can see more of the area we can cover . I was just wondering if anyone had any good walks that multiple caches can easily be picked up . We thought we had a nice walk this morning with 10 along the way but it wasn't a nice walk at all and not circular .

Hi

Yes we do look at the maps but inly upgradesdlast night to premium so I now can see more of the area we can cover . I was just wondering if anyone had any good walks that multiple caches can easily be picked up . We thought we had a nice walk this morning with 10 along the way but it wasn't a nice walk at all and not circular .

CacheWalker! :) A group of cachers mostly based in Gloucestershire/Warwickshire/Worcestershire and beyond, who prefer caching by byway not highway! We often hold events in that area with a pre-event group walk with new caches too!

Our website maps walks posted by members, mostly on the forum, (which you can join and find out more about CW) and are listed on the website for reference. Follow the links from the map to find the posted walk description, directions and even photos, plus links to any caches on the way! :D

Hope that will be of some help! :)

Edited by Griff Grof

CacheWalker! :) A group of cachers mostly based in Gloucestershire/Warwickshire/Worcestershire and beyond, who prefer caching by byway not highway! We often hold events in that area with a pre-event group walk with new caches too!

Our website maps walks posted by members, mostly on the forum, (which you can join and find out more about CW) and are listed on the website for reference. Follow the links from the map to find the posted walk description, directions and even photos, plus links to any caches on the way! :D

cool site is down at the minute but will be back for agood look around thanks

cool site is down at the minute but will be back for agood look around thanks

Yes, sorry about that, it's out of our hands, and will be back in 24-48 hours, as the hosting service says :) - first time this has EVER happened... But you can still browse some of the walks and read further on our website , which will also keep you up to date with movements to the forum...

Hi guys i need some help we are currently in a Geocaching war with one of our friends he only started a few months ago and is well in the lead

<_< <_<

I need help finding walks in derbyshire or around derbyshire where i can pick up lots of caches in a single day.

her has found walks where there are over 30 in a few miles . PLease help me to keep up with him.

If you're only interested in the numbers then sooner or later you'll most likely get bored of hikes being interrupted by a film pot at the base of a post every 528 feet. There's really no way to tell from a map whether you'll enjoy a walk or not - truth be told if all you want to do is find more caches than someone else then head to an urban area and pick off film pots and nanos by the bucketload, or jump on a bicycle and cover the ground between them faster or some such.

If you really want to play the numbers games then the only thing to do is look at the map to find where there are lots of caches close together, do the walk, and accept that you may not like the walk but you'll find a bunch of film pots along the way. If your focus is on just finding as many caches as possible as fast as possible you have to accept you're not going to be giving yourself the time to appreciate each individual cache - you'll just be signing it, replacing it and pressing on as fast as you can to get the finds in.

<_< <_<

If you're only interested in the numbers then sooner or later you'll most likely get bored of hikes being interrupted by a film pot at the base of a post every 528 feet. There's really no way to tell from a map whether you'll enjoy a walk or not - truth be told if all you want to do is find more caches than someone else then head to an urban area and pick off film pots and nanos by the bucketload, or jump on a bicycle and cover the ground between them faster or some such.

If you really want to play the numbers games then the only thing to do is look at the map to find where there are lots of caches close together, do the walk, and accept that you may not like the walk but you'll find a bunch of film pots along the way. If your focus is on just finding as many caches as possible as fast as possible you have to accept you're not going to be giving yourself the time to appreciate each individual cache - you'll just be signing it, replacing it and pressing on as fast as you can to get the finds in.

I take it you don't like film pots.

Surely it's the walk to/from the cache rather than the cache container that brings enjoyment to most.

<_< <_<

Surely it's the walk to/from the cache rather than the cache container that brings enjoyment to most.

Ditto :D

CacheWalker is back online - and the walks we've posted are only ones that we've enjoyed - most only have 4 or 5 caches on a 10 mile walk, for example B)

For me, it is also about QUALITY not QUANTITY :)

Edited by Griff Grof

<_< <_<

When it comes to cachers reasoning, It would be my guess that the 'numbers game' VS a 'nice walk' is about 50/50, may be even more for number hunters. The OP wanted advice on Lots of caches in a single day so the above is valid advice IMO. As for film pots, they have their place in the game but personally, I would like to see larger containers where circumstances and surroundings allow. I'm not so bothered if I witness reams of film pots on a stunning trail because that is when the trail itself is worth more to me than the type of container.

<_< <_<

Sure, and if the focus is on the walk there are times that I really can't be bothered to keep interrupting a nice walk to look for another damp film pot hidden among wet ivy. Some days I use any caches I can find in suitable locations as markers for a walk or (more usually) a bike ride. I've been known to make a 20-mile round trip on the bike to pick off a single nano, and I've also been known to cycle within 50 feet of a cache and not even slow because I couldn't be bothered with a film pot.

My point in regard to the OP was that if all they want is numbers they'll end up looking for a lot of caches that aren't necessarily very inspiring. If that's what they enjoy then good luck to them but over time I've found I'd usually rather take a good enjoyable walk to find a single cache where I could enjoy every aspect of the experience, than pick off 50 caches around a 6 mile walk when most of them are variations on the "film pot at base of post" theme.

As with everything else there's usually a degree of trade-off between quality and quantity.

The really sad thing is that there's no need for that trade off.

If there were only one million live caches around the world but they were all high quality the game would actually be better.

It's not like there's a prize for placing or finding the most caches. I never have and never will understand the headlong rush for numbers especially when it comes at an avoidable price.

The really sad thing is that there's no need for that trade off.

If there were only one million live caches around the world but they were all high quality the game would actually be better.

It's not like there's a prize for placing or finding the most caches. I never have and never will understand the headlong rush for numbers especially when it comes at an avoidable price.

I agree with you but others like to find dozens of film pots and would rather take a 5 mile walk around an industrial park that included 48 film pots than a 7 mile walk through an ancient woodland that led to a single ammo can. Increasingly I'd rather find the ammo can but for as long as others prefer other approaches (and their opinions are as valid as mine) there will be the trade-off.

We have done just great recently . Thanks to geicaching trails we have found some amazing trails with varied caches and beautiful walks. That's what it is about finding places we will want to visit time and time again. The kids like the animated caches and I love to examine a good box full of goodies. We are in Chesterfield.