Best apps for iphone 4S

Just got my iphone 4S and the "intro to Geocaching". Just wondering if the upgrade is worth it and coordinates with Geocaching.com. Will my finds be registered on the upgrade app. for my iphone 4S. Please direct me to the right place for this information or any other helpful tips.

Edited by michaelandjenn

I have only looked briefly at the free Groundspeak "into" app. It is very limited. As I recall, it gives you three caches and does not really coordinate with this site. The full app allows you to look at a wide range of caches, do advanced searches for particular caches in particular locations, work with pocket queries and other premium member benefits, and log caches (along with photos and trackables) directly to this site.

I rarely use the Groundspeak app, though. Geosphere gives me more flexibility and is more robust for what I want to do -- I like the way it displays caches, filters and maps groups of caches, and allows you to maintain separate databases (such as solved puzzles) that can be easily uploaded to my handheld. It will be updated Wednesday with a major rewrite and "live" support. But the Groundspeak app is worth the money and you can decide where you want to go from there.

Edited by geodarts

Are you enjoying the hobby? Do you like the outdoors and enjoy hiking & going to neat places? Then yes....the $10 is well worth it.

We bought the App (on two phones) when we first started 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Even with 2 handheld GPS units - we still use the iphone constantly to log our finds in the field.

You already have the Premium membership.... You can get instant notifications via email on the phone and get go for FTF finds immediately.

Edited by Lieblweb