Garmin eTrex H Paperless Help

A couple of years ago i got a garmin etrex H, Then I bought a eTrex 20 for paperless. Now I know that i can have paperless on my eTrex H. BUT i am not a "paying user" of gsak, plus i dont got the money. TOO EXPENSIVE!!! So can I upload them into GPS Babel or BaseCamp?? How can I do this??

You had a Etrex H but then bought an etrex20 so you could do paperless caching, but you use the etrex H anyway? I'm confused. Anyway I don't think you HAVE to pay to access GSAK. But as far as I'm aware you must be a premium member on geocaching.com to get paperless caching. I;m sure there are ways to do it but I don't know enough so I won't offer a way to do it.

You cannot make a Legend paperless. It is not capable of doing such. Either you heard wrong, or somebody told you wrong -- take your pick.

An Etrex 20 is fully paperless, GSAK is totally unnecessary to do paperless caching. However, in order to be fully paperless capable, a Premium Membership would certainly be a step in the right direction, as being truly "paperless" requires the use of Pocket Queries and Field Notes. Pocket Queries are available to Premium Members only.

If the price of GSAK is too much, then Premium Membership is certainly out of the question -- but you DID buy an Etrex 20......

My sub $100 (Same one you have) unit stored waypoints and I could put the GC number as the name too....What paperless means is it can store the name, GC#, all associated waypoints(parking location) hints, description and in some cases even previous logs. All of that is organised into a file that is under the name of the cache. My Magellan Explorist GC can hold thousands of those files.

Anyway to get that, you can pay for a premium membership-$30 for a year really isn't that much. OR if you have an Iphone/Android you can download one of several apps that contain all of that(without the premium membership needed) and you can even use the apps to find a geocache using you phone's GPS chip.

My sub $100 (Same one you have) unit stored waypoints and I could put the GC number as the name too....What paperless means is it can store the name, GC#, all associated waypoints(parking location) hints, description and in some cases even previous logs. All of that is organised into a file that is under the name of the cache. My Magellan Explorist GC can hold thousands of those files.

Anyway to get that, you can pay for a premium membership-$30 for a year really isn't that much. OR if you have an Iphone/Android you can download one of several apps that contain all of that(without the premium membership needed) and you can even use the apps to find a geocache using you phone's GPS chip.

If thats a loc file i need to know how to download it, onto the eTrex H