Teambuilding exercises build around geocaching

iceman857

I'm trying to put together some teambuilding exercises out in the woods and was wondering if anyone had any experience with or ideas on this subject. I'm thinking not only of something competitive but perhaps cooperative, where you have to decide on different roles for the team members in order to finish the cache. Any ideas?

Hi!

This summer I arranged a boating and sailing day for my company using some ideas we had gathered with my wife while geocaching.

There were four boats, three sailing and one motor. According to their performance I planned them different routes that were partially the same. This caused a huge competition, and very good arguments when everyone thought the others had cheated!

Each crew also had a role-play to accomplish. The sailing boats were unable to go ashore so their “caches” were in the sea. Their roles were like “You are part of the Coast Guard. Your mission is to…”

The motorboat crew had to solve a quite difficult problem. The solution was finally found in a local bar were they got the answer and some refreshments from the bartender.

All in all this was lots of fun though perhaps not exactly geocaching. This enabled different types of boats to participate and all crewmembers to have something sensible to do instead of just sitting and watching the other sail.

Risto G. (rgylden, Helsinki)

On Oct 6 I put on a Treasure Hunt. They were to make teams of a min of 3 on ATV's. I set out 6 spots and it cost $40.00 a team and for each spot found you got one draw for the prize. Not one team found all the spots in the allotted time.

9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. I had 9 teams with 45 ATV's.

Everyone thought it was a great day so I am planning another next Oct with $2,000.00 in prize money

Ron

Hi iceman, one of the best collaborative initiatives we have is the lockbox. We hide keys for first-finders in multiple caches, more than any one team can find. Prizes are locked in the box, no collaboration, no prizes.

Let me know more about your scenario & goals and let me find out what else we have that may suit your goals.

-bigkid

CEO, PlayTime Inc.

The Official Geoteaming Provider

http://www.playtimeinc.com/products_geoteaming.htm

bigkid, CEO of PlayTime Inc.

The Official Geocaching Corporate Team Building and Event Provider

http://www.playtimeinc.com

"Hi iceman, one of the best collaborative initiatives we have is the lockbox. We hide keys for first-finders in multiple caches, more than any one team can find. Prizes are locked in the box, no collaboration, no prizes.

Let me know more about your scenario & goals and let me find out what else we have that may suit your goals."

I assume all keys are required to open the lockbox?

Thaks.

Rick

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night. Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."