Geocaching.com Android App

Hi, apologies if this has been asked somewhere else. Is there an idiots guide to the android app?

I have downloaded the geocaching.com app which is great but I'm having a few problems. Can anyone tell me how to access settings so that I can save offline caches to my SD card rather than phone please? The guidance I saw on here says from any screen press the menu button - what's the menu button? I told you I was an idiot!

Can I save all caches from a pocket query with one click or do I have to save each one individually? That would be a bit time consuming if I want every cache on Anglesey, about 250 or so, for my holidays.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks Newwriter

Thanks guys. So you mean I have to set a general setting for all apps not one particular to the geocaching app? If I press my menu button while in geocaching it just takes me back to my main phone screen.

I don't suppose anyone can answer my other query about downloading everything to offline in one go from a pocket query? It looks like I'll have to do 200+ individually because we're going on holiday on Monday :-(

Cheers

Thanks guys. So you mean I have to set a general setting for all apps not one particular to the geocaching app? If I press my menu button while in geocaching it just takes me back to my main phone screen.

I don't suppose anyone can answer my other query about downloading everything to offline in one go from a pocket query? It looks like I'll have to do 200+ individually because we're going on holiday on Monday :-(

Cheers

Hi knittynicnacnoo, I have at least discovered how to save all caches in a pocket query into an offline list in one go.

If you open a pocket query on your phone app then press and hold the bottom right button on your phone a small menu comes up, one of which is "Save List" if you press that one then press "Save New List" it saves the whole file as an offline list. I hope that is helpful. Happy Caching

I have downloaded the geocaching.com app which is great but I'm having a few problems. Can anyone tell me how to access settings so that I can save offline caches to my SD card rather than phone please? The guidance I saw on here says from any screen press the menu button - what's the menu button? I told you I was an idiot!

The menu button on my Android phone is the one at the bottom of the screen which has a number of horizontal lines. See this picture.

I have downloaded the geocaching.com app which is great but I'm having a few problems. Can anyone tell me how to access settings so that I can save offline caches to my SD card rather than phone please? The guidance I saw on here says from any screen press the menu button - what's the menu button? I told you I was an idiot

After pressing the menu button select 'settings' and then select 'SD card' under the option 'Database location'.