TB Travels

shellbadger

At the link below are photos, text and a table describing where a collection of over 1,000 travel bugs have visited. This project was supposed to have three parts, the last one being a list of the first TBs to get to a place, along with the cacher who took them there. However, travel and other issues kept interrupting the work. I want to get at least this much posted before some surgery.

http://tbtravels.weebly.com/

I forgot to respond to your comment about Plethodon. I have a friend who has worked on P. neomexicanus for years. I went out with her a couple of times when she was doing a mark/recapture study in the Jemez Mountains. That was some of the toughest field work I ever did--myself a flatlander scrambling around at 8,000 feet elevation on steep, slippery slopes in a cold mist.

I forgot to respond to your comment about Plethodon. I have a friend who has worked on P. neomexicanus for years. I went out with her a couple of times when she was doing a mark/recapture study in the Jemez Mountains. That was some of the toughest field work I ever did--myself a flatlander scrambling around at 8,000 feet elevation on steep, slippery slopes in a cold mist.

I've done a bit of field work in the southern Appalachians, and while they don't get that high, I did find myself pausing to "botanize" on a routine basis on some sites. There were two study sites in the Chattahoochee National Forest in particular that were rather steep. The first one the field crew nicknamed "Hell", the second, "Sheer Hell".