GSAK to Garmin eTrex 20 help

IRUNINCIRCLES

Welcome to Geocaching. We live in Bremerton and usually visit Battleground a couple times of a year. Great caches around there.

The Etrex 20 is not listed on GSAK 7-7 that we use but i understand that GSAK 8 does list it. Once you have the PQ loaded on GSAK got to GPS at the top of the page. Then setup and then select Etrex 20 then go to Send to GPS. Be sure you have the GPS connected to the computer. The Etrex is too new for the GSAK 7 if that is what you are using. Good luck

Welcome to Geocaching. We live in Bremerton and usually visit Battleground a couple times of a year. Great caches around there.

The Etrex 20 is not listed on GSAK 7-7 that we use but i understand that GSAK 8 does list it. Once you have the PQ loaded on GSAK got to GPS at the top of the page. Then setup and then select Etrex 20 then go to Send to GPS. Be sure you have the GPS connected to the computer. The Etrex is too new for the GSAK 7 if that is what you are using. Good luck

[/quote

I've done that process a couple times, but no dice. How can I tell which version I'm using?

Bring up GSAK and on the GSAK page the version is given on the very upper left. Mine say GSAK 7.74.36 i don't have the Etrex 20 but you should be able to use the SEND TO GPS on the cache page after you download the driver to send to your connected GPS for individual caches. You should also be able to connect the Etrex to your computer and go to Computer and drag and drop the PQ into the Garmin GPX file. I just use GSAK to load all my GPSs so someone will probably give you better directions.

[/quote

I've done that process a couple times, but no dice. How can I tell which version I'm using?

You can find the version by going to the GSAK "Help" tab and selecting "About."

If the eTrex 20 is not directly supported you can use the GSAK Export function under the File tab. Select GPX or perhaps GPX/LOC. When the dialog box comes up you have to choose were to put the GPX file: select the "drive" that is your GPS (for discussion F) and save it in the Garmin\GPX folder (F:\Garmin\GPX). If you have a choice in the dialog box be sure to select GPX.

I'm using GSAK ver. 8+ so the menu options and dialog boxes are probably different in ver. 7 but this should get you started in the right direction.