Can't interpret the logs

shellbadger

I go through the list my TBs to check last log dates. For those TBs that have been in caches for a long period, I examine the cacher logs for evidence that the TB on inventory might actually be missing.

In doing so I came across the same unusual circumstance three times. In the list of my TBs, a TB is shown to be in a cache and it shows on the cache inventory. However, the last log for the TB is a retrieval. There is no record of the TB having been dropped by anyone, either in the TB log or the cache log. Pertinent data are tabulated below. How do I interpret this?

---TB------Log Pickup-------------Cacher------------Cache Shown In

TB3M8VK---4/11/2011------QuotemanAndGypsygirl----GC2D39J

TB2T1N3---7/29/2010---------az buccaneers-----------GC1V81F

TB3EZPN----7/25/2010-----------tomt102444------------GC2H2V1

Edited by shellbadger

I am pretty diligent about capturing the notifications of drops. Am I 100% sure I didn't get one, no, but I don't think so. I haven't contacted anyone. Was it recent? I finished going through my list of TBs an hour ago. Two of the log dates are in 2010, the other is 2011.

Edited by shellbadger

Okay. Typically when there is a system problem like this it is isolated to a specific day or two. Even if it was a month before. Reports start pouring in and you can trend the exact date of the issue.

Given the last log dates of your bugs it would put the issue back quite some time ago. Typically gc.com will fix all the bad logging in a sweep so that it doesn't require everyone noting it and making a report.

The odd part is that this is on three of your bugs and we haven't seen any other similar report, yet.

And you haven't heard from these bugs in terms of a log deletion, note or anything, right?

Let me add to the thought about not much movement. At present, I have several hundred TBs in the hands of cachers, some for more than two years. One of my future projects is to contact all of them at the same time to get some statistical information about responses.

Understood.

Okay. Typically when there is a system problem like this it is isolated to a specific day or two. Even if it was a month before. Reports start pouring in and you can trend the exact date of the issue.

Given the last log dates of your bugs it would put the issue back quite some time ago. Typically gc.com will fix all the bad logging in a sweep so that it doesn't require everyone noting it and making a report.

The odd part is that this is on three of your bugs and we haven't seen any other similar report, yet.

And you haven't heard from these bugs in terms of a log deletion, note or anything, right?