Where to find Caching App for Windows HTC Phone

Hi--

A friend of mine new to geocaching would like to get a free App for her Windows HTC cell phone. I've never used a Windows phone--so I don't know how/where users find Apps (or if "App" is the correct term for Windows?). Could someone recommend a user-friendly caching program for her phone & explain where to find it and how to get it? A program similar to Groundspeak's Geocaching App that I use on my iPhone would be ideal--something that includes cache description, difficulty, terrain, size, maps, compass and proximity measure. And, if she gets hooked and wants to buy a program with more functions, does Windows accept gift card payments similar to iTunes gift cards for iPhones? Or what payment options are available?

Thank you for any information. :) At this point she's not interested in a GPSr--just a program that will work on her phone for an introduction to the hobby.

Thank you. :)

My friend found that same program with her son's help. It worked pretty well, but we couldn't figure out if the program allows you to log finds, or if you have to get on the caching website. She also had some trouble getting the compass to operate, and can only get data for 3 caches per day. But for free, she was pretty satisfied. I'm assuming she could pay for a version with more features?

Thanks again! She's the first person I've introduced to caching and I think she's hooked.

The three cache per day limitation is a feature of regular membership on geocaching.com. If you decide to upgrade to a Premium membership you will find that restriction is lifted. You can log finds from the app regardless if you have a regular or premium membership. Have fun!

Edited by Lejanna