Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Tante.Hossi

What happened to my 'Your Waymark has been approved' email?

I received one of the well known 'Congratulations your Waymark has been approved' emails but the layout has changed! It's now in HTML with the Waymarking logo. Not only a simple text based email as two hours before. So there must have been some kind of update at Waymarking.com! This is nearly unbelievable! The last update happened a long time ago.

Edited by Tante.Hossi

I'm surprised too. I hoped for some system change (fix of some errors) and I'm not sure if i like this new html layout (and that it's now arriving from different email adress), but still good sign that something is happening at Waymarking website...

I noticed the "from" address changed from noreply@Waymarking.com to noreply@Groundspeak.com as well. I had a rule setup in my inbox to move all @Waymarking.com emails to a separate folder. Suddenly my inbox started filling up as notifications of new WMs in my groups started to come in. :lol:

Yes you're right! The 'from' adress has also changed.

And it's not only the 'approved' email. All system generated email from Waymarking.com are now in this new design.

It seems someone at Groundspeak works on Waymarking! Yea! This is a good sign! I hope this will go on!

Maybe we can get some underground informations from the Lackeys or from someone else who's better informed ... :rolleyes:

We've had that before, a couple of days ago. But only for one day or so, and then it switched back to the old design again. I believe it was the day when Groundspeak last did site maintenance. Don't quite know what to think of it. Seems to be a standard form without any option for the reviewers to add personal remarks. I always liked these encouraging notes like "Well done" or "Great waymark, thanks", and must confess I'd miss them. But what bugs me even more is that today one of my waymarks was accepted without me getting ANY notification...?

We've had that before, a couple of days ago. But only for one day or so, and then it switched back to the old design again. I believe it was the day when Groundspeak last did site maintenance. Don't quite know what to think of it. Seems to be a standard form without any option for the reviewers to add personal remarks. I always liked these encouraging notes like "Well done" or "Great waymark, thanks", and must confess I'd miss them. But what bugs me even more is that today one of my waymarks was accepted without me getting ANY notification...?

It was released for a couple hours last week but was rolled back due to another unrelated issue in the release which needed to be corrected. The comments are still there if the individual reviewing the waymark makes them. The comments are between "has been approved." and "View your waymark"

It was released for a couple hours last week but was rolled back due to another unrelated issue in the release which needed to be corrected. The comments are still there if the individual reviewing the waymark makes them. The comments are between "has been approved." and "View your waymark"

Ah, so it's just a coincidence that the revievers of the waymarks I got approved today chose not to make a remark. Good to know.

Is there some place, where to get info about what'll change and what was fixed at Waymarking site as we have special subforum with info about geocaching.com? For example if N/E error mentioned in this forum before half an year will be fixed someday or it's all about changing layouts of mails and reviewing process?

I am not receiving mails from Waymarking anymore. No 'Confirmation', 'Your Waymark Has Been Approved' or other mails. NOTHING!

Me, too. It started yesterday. This morning I got two mails from a Waymark I submitted yesterday.

I have contacted Groundspeak on problem. Looking at my emails it looks like it stopped sometime yesterday morning Seattle time.

I can also verify I don't receive WM mails today. Neither confirmation nor approved mails. But I receive emails from Geocaching.com.

Yesterday I already noticed that I only received my WM mails with a long delay of several hours.

I can also verify I don't receive WM mails today. Neither confirmation nor approved mails. But I receive emails from Geocaching.com.

Yesterday I already noticed that I only received my WM mails with a long delay of several hours.

Same here... Yesterday delays, today no sign of emails...

+ I noticed that number of my WMKs is different at statistics and at "My waymarks"... It's normal? (Of course I know, that not approved WMKs are not counted, but it still make no sense, when i don't count them)

Edited by puczmeloun