Sending Multiple Caches to my gps at once?

I can not figure out how to send more than one cache to my gps at a time....i have checked the boxes to the left of the listed caches but when i hit the "send to gps" button it will only send the cache that im clicking next to. Is there something Im doing wrong?? it is getting old having to switch from screen to screen as im working my way down the list. Someone please tell me how to make this easier! thanks!!

Learn Pocket Queries (PQ). Find link on your Profile Page that says: Build Pocket Queries

This is a good tutorial: http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm , as is this one from the U.K: http://www.follow-th....html#showmehow

Pocket Queries are what you want. It is the most used Premium Member feature. You really ought to learn to use them. :)

They allow for loading most ALL of the cache page info (data), hint and the five last filed logs.

Any number from 1 to 1,000 caches at a click.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Learn Pocket Queries (PQ). Find link on your Profile Page that says: Build Pocket Queries

This is a good tutorial: http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm , as is this one from the U.K: http://www.follow-th....html#showmehow

Pocket Queries are what you want. It is the most used Premium Member feature. You really ought to learn to use them. :)

They allow for loading most ALL of the cache page info (data), hint and the five last filed logs.

Any number from 1 to 1,000 caches at a click.

When speaking of your GPSr unit... you should state which make/model. Sometimes it does make a difference.

But generally --

You unzip the download file from the PQ;

Plug the GPSr to your computer;

Open the GPSr as an external drive;

Drag 'n Drop the PQ files (should be two sets) to either the unit itself or the SD card installed in your unit (your choice).

You should be set to go.....

When speaking of your GPSr unit... you should state which make/model. Sometimes it does make a difference.

But generally --

Drag 'n Drop the PQ files (should be two sets) to either the unit itself or the SD card installed in your unit (your choice).

This confuses me a little. Before we had GSAK, we were dragging the PQ into our 2 Garmin gps units, but I dont remember unzipping. And do you have to pick where you send it to theunit or is it done automatically?

But generally --

This confuses me a little. Before we had GSAK, we were dragging the PQ into our 2 Garmin gps units, but I dont remember unzipping. And do you have to pick where you send it to theunit or is it done automatically?

On Garmin GPS the PQ.GPX MUST be unzipped, and must be placed in the GPS:\Garmin\GPX\ or uSD:\Garmin\GPX directory.

I think to avoid the confusion I will only build pqs of less than 500. I have figured everything out finally and added them to my Magellan. The only question I have left and I know it was gone over in the tutorial video on gc.com, but I'm just not following, why do you have to choose a day to have the pq generated on? it also says "you can set them to run once or automatically on a daily or weekly basis", Why would this need to be done? I'm just not really understanding. Thanks everyone for your help. Ive been a premium member for maybe 24 hours so I am trying to get it all figured out!!

why do you have to choose a day to have the pq generated on? it also says "you can set them to run once or automatically on a daily or weekly basis", Why would this need to be done? I'm just not really understanding. Thanks everyone for your help. Ive been a premium member for maybe 24 hours so I am trying to get it all figured out!!

Bold sections:

1] You may want to go caching one area today; a different area three days from now. Most GPSr units used to have fairly limited memory -- some current models do yet.

2] Regarding weekly basis -- the reason for doing this is so that you (can) have fresh data loaded into your GPSr.

Stale data, stuff that is over say... two weeks old, is most likely to have at least a few caches that have been disabled or archived.

Go out to look for them, not knowing they aren't there, creates a lot of wasted time and energy. Not only that, but a new placement may be located near, but not at the "old" cache's coordinates. You could walk right by it without realizing.

Stale data = Bad; Fresh data = Good.

Just because you run a PQ weekly, doesn't mean that you have to load it to your unit.