Logging a Favorite

acachebox

Make certain you are logged on as a premium member. If necessary log out and back in.

Go to any cache that you have previously logged as 'found' - on the right hand side - just under the logging options -- is a place to add a favorite vote. You are allocated 1 favorite vote for every 10 caches you log as found.

It should list "Add to your favorites" and just below - the total number of favorite points you have available.

Make certain you are logged on as a premium member. If necessary log out and back in.

Go to any cache that you have previously logged as 'found' - on the right hand side - just under the logging options -- is a place to add a favorite vote. You are allocated 1 favorite vote for every 10 caches you log as found.

It should list "Add to your favorites" and just below - the total number of favorite points you have available.

I am a new Premium Member and it shows I have No Favorite Points. I thought newly joined Premium Members could go back and log a Favorite

Give the system time to catch up.

If this is your first time as a premium member, any points accrued will show.

You can find the info here.

I have read this section but do not see any indication that I have accrued points for caches i found before becoming a Premium Member. What am I missing?

If I purchase a Premium Membership later, will I be awarded Favorite Points for the caches I found when I was a Basic Member?

Yes - for first-time subscriptions! If you upgrade to Premium Membership we will add up your past geocaching finds and award Favorite Points accordingly. From there you can visit the cache pages you found while still a Basic Member and "spend" the Favorite Points on the best ones.

Give the system time to catch up.

If this is your first time as a premium member, any points accrued will show.

You can find the info here.

I have read this section but do not see any indication that I have accrued points for caches i found before becoming a Premium Member. What am I missing?

If I purchase a Premium Membership later, will I be awarded Favorite Points for the caches I found when I was a Basic Member?

Yes - for first-time subscriptions! If you upgrade to Premium Membership we will add up your past geocaching finds and award Favorite Points accordingly. From there you can visit the cache pages you found while still a Basic Member and "spend" the Favorite Points on the best ones.

On your profile page, directly under your stat bar (on the right) it should say how many favorites you have and how many caches you need for your next one.

If it hasn't happened yet, maybe an email to contact@geocaching.com will help.

Yes that information is there. My question is in the help menu quoted above it says members will be given credit for caches found before they become Premium Members. Is that statement wrong?

No, that statement is correct. It has worked for thousands of others. Perhaps something broke. Again, an email to contact@geocaching.com will help.