Problems with cache records

Ugly_Pheebs

Wonder if someone knows what's wrong with my cache records... The problem is that the number of cache finds does not match in different parts of my profile. In my own page, in the top right hand side where I have that 'Hello, Ugly_Pheebs, sign out' -box, it says 249 caches found and according to my records (I sign the cache number on the log for each new cache) my total is 249. But on the public profile page, next to the yellow smiley face, it says caches found 248 (and this amount shows in my last cache log as well). And in public profile, if you count the cache types, the total comes to 249.

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong? :-/

Thanks for the replies! I noticed the problem today, so it seems to have appeared after I logged my last cache, so The A-team might be correct... Anyway, it's not that big deal, if it isn't sorted out, as the difference isn't big. I was just wondering if I have logged something wrong. Thanks again, guys!

I am having the same problem and it did not go away after logging a new cache. Under Geocaching/Your Profile/Statistic it shows "You've found 1140 caches (1139 distinct)" I tried to use GSAK but not sure how to set "get geocaches" so it only finds the caches I have found. Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem and it did not go away after logging a new cache. Under Geocaching/Your Profile/Statistic it shows "You've found 1140 caches (1139 distinct)" I tried to use GSAK but not sure how to set "get geocaches" so it only finds the caches I have found. Any suggestions?

You did double check for an accidental double log. May happen more often & without noticing if you use the app (then sent it) then did another log on the computer back home.

You did double check for an accidental double log. May happen more often & without noticing if you use the app (then sent it) then did another log on the computer back home.

Right, It was a double log but I was having problems figuring out which of the 1140 caches it was.

The way I finally did it was to do a MY FINDS Pocket Quiry in Geocaching.com.

Then in GSAK I added a column to the database that shows finds. It's called the Fcount column. (View/ Add/Remove Columns and then check "Foound Count"). The column returns a 0 for unfound caches, a 1 for single logs and YES a 2 for caches you have double logged.

I then simply imported the My Finds gpx file into GSAK and clicked on the new column and the double entry came right to the top.