Field Notes not uploading

Hi, I'm missing a whole day's field notes (50 caches) when I upload to geocaching.com. The days before and after are showing, so its not the date? Its a Dakota 10. Any ideas?

Have you looked at the geocache_visits.txt file in the Dakota 10\Garmin\ directory to see if they are listed?

If they are not, and you are sure you logged them with that GPSr, do you remember if the unit had an unexpected shut down or crash around the time of the last logged cache you can not find? The file may not have been saved correctly if the unit suffered from an unfavorable behavior event.

Does your GPSr also have a Dakota 10\Garmin\geocache_logs.xml file? If so, open it with Internet Explorer and see if the missing logs are present in this file.

Whatever you do; DO NOT SAVE the geocache_visits.txt or geocache_logs.xml file after opening them for viewing. They will not be saved properly, and will be corrupted!

Edited by BMW JEDI

Hi, I'm missing a whole day's field notes (50 caches) when I upload to geocaching.com. The days before and after are showing, so its not the date? They are not showing as found on it either. Its a Dakota 10. Any ideas?

When you uploaded the field notes did you check the "don't include notes from X-date" maybe those cache finds were from previous to that?

Hope that helps