Multi-event 11-12-13 / 12-11-13 & 13-12-13 / 12-13-13

woejam

Here in the Netherlands, we had a lot of fun on the 12-12-12 event's as part of the multi-event.

Very quickly after the event, we discussed the options for another event like this in 2013.

However the normal sequence is not possible anymore.

So we decided still to go ahead, using our sequence which resulted in two possible dates which can be used:

11-12-13 (which is in our case wednesday 11 december) and

13-12-13 (which is friday the 13th december)

We decided that we will have two events: a small gathering on wednesday and a bigger event on friday with a night-cache.

After some drawings, I found a way to make it work for both European (or ROW ;-) ) and US way of dates.

Simply by reading the numbers in a little different direction (clockwise and counter clockwise).

Here is the first draft of a coin which could be used for a multi-event.

The front is Friday the 13th. In many eyes, the unlucky day... but for the pagans its a magical day..

If there is interest for others to join for a multi-event coin?

Also, please let me know what you think about the coin.

11-12-13-v4.jpg

Here in the Netherlands, we had a lot of fun on the 12-12-12 event's as part of the multi-event.

Very quickly after the event, we discussed the options for another event like this in 2013.

However the normal sequence is not possible anymore.

So we decided still to go ahead, using our sequence which resulted in two possible dates which can be used:

11-12-13 (which is in our case wednesday 11 december) and

13-12-13 (which is friday the 13th december)

We decided that we will have two events: a small gathering on wednesday and a bigger event on friday with a night-cache.

After some drawings, I found a way to make it work for both European (or ROW ;-) ) and US way of dates.

Simply by reading the numbers in a little different direction (clockwise and counter clockwise).

Here is the first draft of a coin which could be used for a multi-event.

The front is Friday the 13th. In many eyes, the unlucky day... but for the pagans its a magical day..

If there is interest for others to join for a multi-event coin?

Also, please let me know what you think about the coin.

11-12-13-v4.jpg

... a design that would also work well here in the USA (November 12, 2013) :)

Yes, definitely interested in a version here (SoCal Desert/Coachella Valley).

Nice design. Most any of the day/date combinations would work for event days.

... a design that would also work well here in the USA (November 12, 2013) :)

Problem with this idea for November in the USA is no correlation for the frontside 13-12-13.

Edited by nevadanick

Interesting isea indeed!

I really like the front side of the project, but the back side - not so much. It looks pretty unrelated to the front and, well, overloaded with all those symbols.

I have an idea that woejam would be happy to explain what each symbol means.

There are only a few ... really.

Sure, no problem.

Here is some info all related to the pagan symbols used on the backside:

The pentagon represent the four classical elements, along with a fifth element, which is typically spirit or self.

Triskele (behind the 13) represent the three Celtic realms of earth, sea and sky

Triquetra (bottom centre) represents the connection of mind, body and soul or three realms of earth, sea and sky

The ankh is the ancient Egyptian symbol of eternal life

Hand of fatima will protect them from the (evil) eye from above

four forks: hands of the god

Thor's hammer

The (laurel) wreath, which is already used by a number of Hellenic organization, has a strong link to Hellenic practice in ancient Hellas

The two R's are from the ancient Romans

The symbols in the background are half raised will be covered with translucent, so it depends on the color how visible they will be.

It makes the picture a little busy now, but in practice it will be less busy.

Also the plating depends how it will look.

I will try some adjustments and will post some alternatives.

I have an idea that woejam would be happy to explain what each symbol means.

I am afraid that explaining would not reduce overloading... :laughing:

It is not about what they mean at all. It is about the impression that both sides don't fit each other well and that there are to many things on the backside. Sometimes less is more!

Yup! Altering the size and location of the half-raised parts of the backside helped a lot.

I'd try also to place the sharp double R in the lowest area and the knot opposite to the laurel... Or maybe switching the laurel nd the knot? The point is that the laurel and the double R don't balance visually too well as one of them is very sharp an the other is quite round. The knot is sharp and round at the same time so it could possibly balance any of them.

Thanks for adding me to the project. I am in Hawaiion the big island, so it might be harder to get people involved, but might be a fun event to do like the smaller event (November 12, 2013 - which is a Tuesday, but I can set it up on one side of the island) and then big event (December 13, 2013) which is Friday the 13th and can be set up in a central location. The only other option on the numbers for us would be December 11, 2013 and I am not that fond of wednesdays. I will look at the info you sent and set up my colors.

I would love a 11-12-13 coin. Since this date won't happen again for a 100 years I would love this coin to be my kids 1st coin and 1st hide. I would love to send the coins out into the world for them and in 50 years or so they could track it down. Please keep me in the loop.

How definite is the 10 color per side limit? There is 11 fields on the cat side...

/Fredrik

That's a limit given by the factory. There are actually 20 different areas....

When doing more then 10 colors, the change of errors is getting bigger.

How definite is the 10 color per side limit? There is 11 fields on the cat side...

/Fredrik

That's a limit given by the factory. There are actually 20 different areas....

When doing more then 10 colors, the change of errors is getting bigger.

I know most of them are still working on them and are gathering the colors.

I will request for the event codes and will add them to the overview.

Till now there are 8-10 events joining.

the Netherlands (GC4N8ZW, GC4K71T, Rijen)

Belgium

Sweden (GC4NDE2, GC4NJQ5)

Hawaii

Germany (GC4N9NE)

Switserland (to be confirmed)

US, New york (maybe)

If there are others who want to join the multi-event, there is still time to arrange it.

At this moment following events are participating:

The Netherlands GC4N8ZW and GC4NCN0

The Netherlands Rijen (no event code yet)

The Netherlands GC4K71T

Belgium (no event code yet)

Switzerland (no event code yet)

Hawaii (no event code yet)

Sweden GC4NDE2 GC4NJQ5

Germany GC4N9NE

If you still want to participate, then please be quick.

Production is planned to be started by half october.

Sorry - another question too before they go out...will there be a trade list so that I can trade one of my versions for the other versions? Raason for asking is that because I am in Hawaii, if the trade can be done at the factory level then helps save on shipping. If any other version is willing to trade, please do the trade before the coins are shipped out. Any versions willing to trade will be fine with me, coin for a coin.