Did not find question

Lambbear

Newbie here my question is How common is it to not find a cache, we are new to this but we have not found 3 out of 10 we looked high and low reread the glues logs hints and we either missed it or it was not there is this common or is it just us thanks [:)]

I'm a newbie here too. I just found my 19th. Today we searched for seven and of those we found four. It's hard to know exactly what I'm looking for sometimes. It can be really tricky at first to get your "geoSENCE".

I ALWAYS ALWAYS read the logs from the beginning to see what others say and I pick up on clues this way.

Remember things aren't always as they seem, look up and look down, check in sewer grates, could be under a lamp post, could be a fake sprinkler head or even a fake outlet cover.

Good luck!

April

pp4u

It might simply be new to the hobby and yes, they could very well be missing.

You didn't supply the difficulty and terrain ratings.

So far, you're ratio is great.

There's so many hide styles, you're bound to miss a few.

- And you'll find the longer you're playing, the harder it is to find the "easy" ones. :laughing:

I'm new to caching too, I just started a month ago and couldn't find my first three in a row... after I read through previous logs on nearby caches I went after the ones that I knew were recently found and still there.. two of my first three were actually missing, the third I just went back and found tonight,after I got more experience about what to look for.. Don't get discouraged, DNF's are gonna happen alot...

Good Luck and Happy Caching!!

I agree with the previous posts. At the beginning, it can be really tough to know what you are looking for. There will be DNFs. The more experience you have, the easier they become. You will someday find a really unique, clever, tough hide that you've never seen before - but the next time you search for one like it, you will know! Don't get discouraged!! Read all the logs and decrypt the hints for some help. If you do DNF one, you can always email the CO and ask for help. Most COs are more than willing to help out and can give you some useful advice. You will develop a geosense the longer you do it.

Happy Caching!

I have been caching for about four months.

My DNF % is about 8.5 right now.

5 of my DNF's were actually not there.

I agree that when first starting out; it can be a bit difficult until you start to realize the types of containers people use and 'typical' hiding spots.

Keep it up!

Brian

*GeoPunx*

Edited by *GeoPunx*