Can multiple users log once?

LadyBirdGNV

My boyfriend and I go geocaching together, and sometimes other friends as well. When we log to say that we have or haven't found it, is there any way to post one log that has multiple users attached, or do we all need to post individual logs? I hate to overwhelm the log history - it would be great to have one note with multiple users attached.

My boyfriend and I go geocaching together, and sometimes other friends as well. When we log to say that we have or haven't found it, is there any way to post one log that has multiple users attached, or do we all need to post individual logs? I hate to overwhelm the log history - it would be great to have one note with multiple users attached.

Nope, everybody gets to write their own unique log.

If you go caching together regularly and don't want to overwhelm the log history, you can consider registering an account with a team name and use that to log.

If you do this, the Find only shows up on the team account and not on each person's individual account. Fine, if that's what you want, but be aware that's what will happen.

Let everyone tell their own story, either for the find or the DNF.

As a cache owner, I would love to read what your friends thought about the look on your face as you were looking "in there" and compare that with your story about reaching "in that thing" to make the find (or not).

The stories (logs) cachers tell are the only reward cache owners get for their work of placing caches.

As a cache owner - I'd appreciate the story of your adventure to my cache from each of your points of view.

Actually though, I think I WOULD prefer a single group log:

'Joe, Bill, Sam, Ralph and Jim found your cache today'

to:

'Out caching with Bill, Sam, Ralph, and Jim. TFTC, Joe'

'Out caching with Joe, Sam, Ralph and Jim. TFTC, Bill'

'Out caching with Joe, Sam, Ralph, and Bill. TFTC, Jim'

'Out caching with Bill, Joe, Ralph, and Jim. TFTC, Sam'

'Out caching with Joe, Bill, Sam and Jim. TFTC, Ralph'

Logs that say nothing other than who they were out caching with are not very interesting. <_<

A series of them is even less interesting. :(

... so far my boyfriend is way more creative than I am. I'll have to rise to the challenge!

I enjoyed reading his logs.

Some things you can write about in your logs:

• The condition of the cache. As a CO I appreciate that information.
  • Any sightings of interesting wildlife
  • The weather
  • The trail conditions
  • Add a non-spoiler photo of something interesting along the way or at the site

Edited by L0ne R

Thanks for all the great replies - I'm glad to hear it's actually "the more the merrier" :) We'll plan to write our own logs then, though so far my boyfriend is way more creative than I am. I'll have to rise to the challenge!

Do your best to find the cache before he does and be sure that's in your log . :)

Edited by edscott