Entering GPS coordinates

hunter259

Just a question: On multi - caches, when the first cache gives the coordinates to the second one, how would I enter them into the GPS? (I have a Magellan eXplorist GC). I have the manual but it doesn't seem to say how exactly. I have never hunted a multi - cache before. Thank you!

Go to the waypoints menu and "add a new waypoint". It will give you four choices of how to do that. Choose "From coordinates". This will open a window that gives you coords you can edit. Save (rename if you like but it gives a default number) and follow the arrow :) When you get to the next stage, you can re-edit the waypoint for the following stage.

Then only awkward bit is jumping back to the original cache screen if you are following instructions for each stage. You have to go back to the Geocache menu and scroll back down the list (which might be a ways the farther away you are from the beginning). If it is a long and complicated multi, you might want to print the important details and take them wth you!

Go to the waypoints menu and "add a new waypoint". It will give you four choices of how to do that. Choose "From coordinates". This will open a window that gives you coords you can edit. Save (rename if you like but it gives a default number) and follow the arrow :) When you get to the next stage, you can re-edit the waypoint for the following stage.

Then only awkward bit is jumping back to the original cache screen if you are following instructions for each stage. You have to go back to the Geocache menu and scroll back down the list (which might be a ways the farther away you are from the beginning). If it is a long and complicated multi, you might want to print the important details and take them wth you!

Thank you, that was very helpful!