Underwater cache

I am throwing the idea around of an underwater cache. I was thinking of something along the lines of a foam fish fiberglass over with a container inside. We have several lakes in our area that are shallow and if submerged you could see it. I could make it a paddle to cache only but put it in a spot where catchers with waders could still get too. I am sure it's been done. Has anyone seen anything like this?

I am throwing the idea around of an underwater cache. I was thinking of something along the lines of a foam fish fiberglass over with a container inside. We have several lakes in our area that are shallow and if submerged you could see it. I could make it a paddle to cache only but put it in a spot where catchers with waders could still get too. I am sure it's been done. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Here's one that's been on my bucket list for awhile: Hydrophobia

In this case, I think the water is too deep to find it while wearing waders.

Thanks for the replies. After reading some other posts I am thinking a waterproof match container inside of a bigger container. I have riteinrain paper so I can use that. I own a tackle shop and we have waterproof Plano boxes, so I might use that as the bigger box.

One of my first "5" caches (a multi, now [sadly] archived), a stage took you to a bridge.

Underneath were metal connecter plates that (I guess) fell off when the bridge deteriorated over time.

The CO took one of those plates and with a plasma cutter, cut the coords for the next stage through it.

Down below, against the river bottom, it looked like all the other plates.

Lift it up and the coords were visable.

Three times I racked my noggin trying to find it.

It wasn't until I noticed a bright crayfish looking like it was sitting in the plate, that the idea hit and made a tough-to get FTF, with climbing stages the easy end.

Edited by cerberus1