Town Service Club Signs

I'm looking at starting a category dedicated to Town Service Club Signs. Examples They are prevalent in both the US and Canada at least and vary widely in design as you can see (I've seen small towns with multiple signs that have completely different designs!)

The current "Welcome Sign" categories only feature slogans or populations so these really interesting signs are left out in the cold.

I like to make the category useful and interesting so in addition to the picture, I would require a small blurb about what each club brings to the community, example:

"Rotary Club- Meets every third Wednesday. Rotary Park on Main St. is maintained by them.

Freemasons- Started in 1949 and meets every week on Thursday."

I would also require the sign must feature a community name. What do you think?

A nice idea, but you might run into redundancy issues with the service clubs that currently exist as categories. They include Rotary International Markers, Lions Clubs International Markers, Soroptimist International Markers and other clubs and organizations. I am the lead officer of the Soroptimist International Markers category and I would definitely permit waymark submissions of any 'Welcome to' sign or monument with the Soroptimist logo.

If you're proposing a category of signs or 'Welcome to' monuments that would require a waymarked structure with the many organizations' logos as a group (as in the pictures you linked to), that might work and I'd be open to adopt that proposal.

That's exactly a problem this category would help avoid, do we really want 10 different waymarks for one sign? I don't. I'd rather the sign stand on its own with its unique design and then have links to the various waymarks related to the organizations, example:

"Soroptimist International - Created and maintains the Soroptimist Memorial Garden on Esplanade Ave."

There's the dual use of having the sign itself as a unique attraction and the utilitarian aspect of having links to other service club waymarks in the area.

A nice idea, but you might run into redundancy issues with the service clubs that currently exist as categories. They include Rotary International Markers, Lions Clubs International Markers, Soroptimist International Markers and other clubs and organizations. I am the lead officer of the Soroptimist International Markers category and I would definitely permit waymark submissions of any 'Welcome to' sign or monument with the Soroptimist logo.

If you're proposing a category of signs or 'Welcome to' monuments that would require a waymarked structure with the many organizations' logos as a group (as in the pictures you linked to), that might work and I'd be open to adopt that proposal.

Edited by stinger503