GPS Decision

I currently have a Garmin Etrex Legend Cx.

If I was to upgrade to a paperless geocaching capable GPS, would I have to upgrade to a premium membership? Right now I have a regular membership.

Also, I have an iPhone 4S. Does the $10 geocaching app work well, and can you read full descriptions and log your finds all in the same app without a premium membership? That would be very convenient if true.

Let me know any info you have

Thanks!

If I was to upgrade to a paperless geocaching capable GPS, would I have to upgrade to a premium membership? Right now I have a regular membership.

Also, I have an iPhone 4S. Does the $10 geocaching app work well, and can you read full descriptions and log your finds all in the same app without a premium membership? That would be very convenient if true.

Thanks!

Wow, 123 views and nuthin'...

Surely someone has experience with the app.

Thanks!

Most certainly many here do, but I (for one) am a premium member, and thus can not offer any experience using the application without premium membership.

You would be able to use your paperless gps without a premium membership but you would have to xfer geocaches into your device one at a time. With the premium membership you can search by many different parameters and load all the geocaches that meet those conditions into your gps at the same time.

Can't help you on the phone but I'll bet it's less accurate. I have an Oregon 550 that I like pretty well.

Thanks!

Most certainly many here do, but I (for one) am a premium member, and thus can not offer any experience using the application without premium membership.

Same here.....on my iPhones, 3 and 5, the App works great but I have premium membership.

I prefer my 62S when on the trail.

The APP does everything you need without needing a premium membership. You can log your finds directly from the APP after signing the logs.

It's the same thing as if you were playing from your computer. The APP just allows you to do it from the phone. Find nearbye caches, read descriptions, previous logs, and log your finds directly from the phone. No pocket queries needed. As long as you have cell signal and can log into the APP via your username....you can log caches immediately.

Go to your APP store and read the description/information about the app.

The ap is definitely worth it premium or not Lieblweb nailed the reasons. However, having the pocket query feature even for one month so you can batch download and save the cashes and maps you need to your phone makes it a hell of a lot easier to use in offline mode as smartphones are at the mercy of 3g signals. Keep your old gps with you as well as I have found your position can be quite skittish with the iPhone at times and although it will get you to the right area all of the time you often need a second unit's compass to find the cashe, my 5 only has to see a tree and it gets itself into a bit of a panic.