New Fetures for Apps

Limax

It's been a while since I've posted to the forums, and I did search through the forums to see if these topics had come up... and if they have, it hasn't been in the last six months or so. First off, I'm using the iPhone app (and I have friends who use the Android app). I use it for quick finds when I don't have time to wait for my GPS to acquire a position. I like being able to log those finds from my iPhone, but I find the task a bit... difficult at times. My first concern is when I happen to have quite a few travel bugs and trackables in my inventory. I like the fact that you can log the travel bugs and trackables from the iPhone, but the process is a bit cumbersome when you have a few that one want to 'dip' in a microcache. On the full site, there are buttons to select all your trackables as 'visited' or 'dropped'. I didn't know if that would be possible to port that feature to the app. It would save me a lot of time on logging a cache, especially when the cellular coverage is spotty.

The other feature is when you're entering the logs themselves. Has the option been explored to allow app users to enter their logs in 'landscape' mode? Again, it's a question of efficiency when entering logs. (Two thumbs as opposed to one in my case) Just my two cents or so. Thanks so much!

Using the app means you have a data/internet connection. Which means you can just visit geocaching.com on your phone and log the cache that way. I have successfully done that. See it's that simple.

Ah yes... if it's that simple, why do we have an app at all? Why do we request new features to it? If we have a browser, then there's really no need for the app. How silly of me!

Using the app means you have a data/internet connection. Which means you can just visit geocaching.com on your phone and log the cache that way. I have successfully done that. See it's that simple.

Ah yes... if it's that simple, why do we have an app at all? Why do we request new features to it? If we have a browser, then there's really no need for the app. How silly of me!

Someone trying to be helpful just suggested a solution. No need to be such a horse's a**.

If you don't like it quit carrying so dang many TB's around with you.

Someone trying to be helpful just suggested a solution. No need to be such a horse's a**.

If you don't like it quit carrying so dang many TB's around with you.

What's the point of making feature requests if the generic answer is going to be 'use the webpage from your smartphone'? I know that was an option. I was wanting a MORE CONVENIENT way of doing it, rather than going to the webpage. I'm going to be a horse's a** if I feel that the response was intended in the same way.

I see...More convenient...less work...for you anyway. Someone has to get paid to develop this stuff, they have to check compatibility, do it for both Iphone and Android. So more work and money and resources from others so you can do something in an app that you can already do on your phone. And to top it off people complain that that app costs too much money-so they are supposed to spend more on it and lower the price.

I don't see why we need the app-My main reason of buying it was to support Groundspeak. The thing I use it for the most is to see if there are any caches nearby. I still use my GPSr to find them Still use the website to log them(except for one time) The app is to enhance the game, not replace the website...

Edited by T.D.M.22

I see...More convenient...less work...for you anyway. Someone has to get paid to develop this stuff, they have to check compatibility, do it for both Iphone and Android.

I don't get it. Do you hang out here just so you can tell anybody who wants some improvement in the apps that they don't need them? What a productive use of your time.

Groundspeak has chosen to concentrate on mobile app development instead of on the website. The pattern is clear. Asking for new mobile app features is a good thing. Insisting that they should do everything your way, not so much.