Real World Statistics

nyhof

Is there any way to see how you compare to other Geocachers in your area? Someone from a Geocaching Club in Charlotte NC (GCGC) contacted me congratulating me on being the top hider in Catawba County NC. This was totally random as I never asked for this recognition but yet it was cool to think I did something that made me famous for 15 seconds. Then sad because it just shows that I live in a geocache dessert. I only had about 50 geocaches then and only about 80 now. My idea comes from the "Game Center" feature on my iPhone that shows your stats and achievements vs everyone else playing that game. I know that with my 170 finds as of 3/5/2013, I would rank pretty low as I have seen many locals with 10k+! I am aware of a website that has the top 100 cachers but that is not run by geocaching,com and is probably as accurate as throwing a rock blindfolded.

THIS SITE ranks cachers by finds, but it is not up to the moment accurate, is based off "high profile cache" sampling, people can opt out of it, and only counts cachers with over 200 finds. So take its numbers with a HUGE grain of salt.

There are probably other ranking sites, but I don't know about them.

Personally, I rank myself #1 in a field of 1 in all regards in this game. My numbers mean something to ME and most others' numbers are meaningless to me (except a few close friends).

Real World Statistics: What is your rank?

Major. Hopefully lieutenant colonel within a couple years, but I'll let that chicken hatch before I count it.

I live in a geocache dessert.

I love dessert. What kind? Nano pudding? Wherigo pie? :anibad:

OK, on a slightly more serious note.

One of the third party statistic sites, itsnotaboutthenumbers, used to give breakdown by state or country. Unfortunately, it is no more. I think there is a caching blog at that domain now, but no stats. Which sucks, because I loved their stat tools.

DRunners has a stat page that will let you generate a statistic bar, but it rates only by finds, not hides. And it has the same statistics as cacherstats.com. Actually, it seems like it's a little behind cacherstats.com, now that I think about it.

Apparently I'm 32nd in finds for Alabama. So, I've got that going for me.