March 5 site update predictions

Nothing we've asked for.

If "we" means Americans, probably not.

But (per the linky), this'll be big for the rest of the world. At least, the parts of the world where they use accents, and umlauts, and alphabets that don't even resemble A-Z in the slightest.

GC.com has grown up. It's worldwide.

Agreed. We'll have to see how it goes. Internationalization is hard to get right, especially when you're trying to do it on a site that has been running for a long time.

Nothing we've asked for.

If "we" means Americans, probably not.

But (per the linky), this'll be big for the rest of the world. At least, the parts of the world where they use accents, and umlauts, and alphabets that don't even resemble A-Z in the slightest.

GC.com has grown up. It's worldwide.

Agreed. We'll have to see how it goes. Internationalization is hard to get right, especially when you're trying to do it on a site that has been running for a long time.

Maybe they will finally fix the time-zone issues that plague everything.

or not.

GOOD beer?

Or just Bud light/Coors light. dry.gif

Those aren't beers.

Unicode friendly logs aren't a sexy feature, especially for those of us who never leave the first half of ISO-8859-1, but I can see the appeal for those who venture beyond 7 bit.

But think of the puzzles you can create if we have unicode in cache descriptions.

GOOD beer?

Those aren't beers.

Unicode friendly logs aren't a sexy feature, especially for those of us who never leave the first half of ISO-8859-1, but I can see the appeal for those who venture beyond 7 bit.

But think of the puzzles you can create if we have unicode in cache descriptions.

Everybody knows PBR is the official beer of geocaching... at least in my home.

GOOD beer?

Those aren't beers.

Everybody knows PBR is the official beer of geocaching... at least in my home.

Around here we call PBR poser pee. We prefer some of Grumpy Old Fart Brewery's finest red ale. Come to think of it it's almost time to brew another batch. B)