question on my first cache hide

It depends on a few things. If you're using a dedicated GPS, you have to input the caches for them to show up, they don't automatically load. If you're using a smartphone (oh please don't hide caches with smart phones) then make sure that in your search options, you're able to see your own caches.

hmm that must be the reason i got a smartphone and did add the cord of my cache with my phone then used my laptop to go on the website to get it published on the map im using the free c:geo app it autoloads boxes for me but just not mine.oh well it has 1 find so im happy

The definition of a T-1 rating is Handicapped Accessible. This doesn't seem to be what the first to find cacher encountered. There is a reason Ground Speak suggests you have 20 finds before placing your first hide.

hmm that must be the reason i got a smartphone and did add the cord of my cache with my phone then used my laptop to go on the website to get it published on the map im using the free c:geo app it autoloads boxes for me but just not mine.oh well it has 1 find so im happy

The definition of a T-1 rating is Handicapped Accessible. This doesn't seem to be what the first to find cacher encountered. There is a reason Ground Speak suggests you have 20 finds before placing your first hide.

Can't people offer friendly advice to newbies without the snide remarks?

Did I detect some attitude in that post? Are you using the tone? :unsure:

I'm guessing your post is an honest question, and that's how I'm taking it. It could also be taken as you being mad and looking down on GeoTrekker26. That's a big problem here. I see a lot of times when someone takes the post the wrong way and thinks the person who wrote it is a $%^@ when they are trying to be helpful. Usually when some is speaking frankly(Is that the right word) it doesn't always come out seeming friendly.

As T.D.M.22 suggests, I will take that as an honest question, not in itself a snide remark, which illustrates a large problem with written comments in forums: it is too easy to misread intent.

Perhaps the two items that are underlined in the post (or are a different color, depending on the browser) may appear to be an unnecessary emphasis of those items. In fact, they are underlined because they are links to the Groundspeak guidelines discussing the items mentioned. They were included because the new cacher had obviously overlooked certain things when reading the new cache guidelines or didn't understand the significance of those items.

I wrote the post to be short and to the point. Had I wanted to be snide, there are other things about the new cache I could have mentioned but nothing would have been gained by doing so. My hope is the new cacher will actually read and take to heart the items for the next caches he places. Very few caches are actually D-1/T-1 caches, and many people seek those out for various reasons. Incorrectly categorizing them can lead to unnecessary disappointment on the part of cachers seeking the cache. Right now there is a log entry that hints to the correct star rating, but that log will quickly scroll off screen of portable devices as new finds are made.

not in these forums theres a few people that will rip you to shreds and never mind the question or they dwell on one thing you say and rip that to shreds

not in these forums theres a few people that will rip you to shreds and never mind the question or they dwell on one thing you say and rip that to shreds

Are you going to complain about your supposed persecution in every thread? Sooner or later, I suspect someone important will remind why you need to get over it and stop trying to hijack other threads.