Spiteful Geocachers

I smell pork chops.

I also seem to find a trend lately on the forums where people come in to complain about a situation, hope for an answer that they likely won't get, and expose what the root cause is simply through their posts in the thread.

There are "spiteful" geocachers out there, simply because there are "spiteful" humans in the world. Now, to call "them" out as spiteful, I'm wondering at what point the OP will step back and see how some of what they are getting defensive about might just be the mirror they need to look into?

+1

I read the cache page, vicekitty, and I don't think that people were asking for confirmation because you were the FTF. The next finders mention the cache migrating--whoever emailed might have done the same no matter who was the FTF. Sounds like it's a bit of a tricky hide.

As far as that hide is concerned it was not a tricky hide. You won't know unless you find it yourself.

Secondly, there was a would be FTF'er who admitted in his log that he DNF'd it on his first attempt! But he never logged a DNF.

Context people context.

Also the CO personally messaged me and told that people thought because I was a new member that I was probably lying about it.

Edited by vicekitty

Check this cache out GC437WC.

I FTF'd this cache a week after it was published, but anyway, if you look in the cache description you will see where the CO writes about how he received emails from people asking him to confirm that I found it.

What he doesn't say is how in those emails people were saying that I was lying about finding it!(The CO told me) These are the people I have to deal with in my area. I need not even speak to them for them to dislike me.

Maybe you don't even realize it but you are taking jabs at your local caching community. Your logs and your commentary on your profile makes it sound like you think you are better than them because they only go after easy FTFs. Your log on the cache that had the bad coordinates reeks of entitlement as you say that your should be entitled to FTF honors because you were the first to look for it.

Of course, the reaction is off the grid. Nothing you do or say gives someone the right to steal caches or threaten you in any way. Why not simply remove yourself from the controversy? Tone down the rhetoric. Find caches and write about your experience, not about other geocachers. Don't compare yourself and your caching habits to other geocachers in your logs. Take the high road and you take away their reason to act badly.

+1

I went through your gallery last night, looked at your FTF logs, and your logs are very, very boastful. You need to walk a mile in their shoes--pretend those are logs by somebody else and ask yourself how they'd make you feel.

But no one has the right to send threatening emails, either. I'm not trying to blame the victim--you are the victim of an email threat. But tone down your FTF rhetoric a bit--it sounds like you're calling your area cachers idiots.

I read the cache page, vicekitty, and I don't think that people were asking for confirmation because you were the FTF. The next finders mention the cache migrating--whoever emailed might have done the same no matter who was the FTF. Sounds like it's a bit of a tricky hide.

As far as that hide is concerned it was not a tricky hide. You won't know unless you find it yourself.

Secondly, there was a would be FTF'er who admitted in his log that he DNF'd it on his first attempt! But he never logged a DNF.

Context people context.

Also the CO personally messaged me and told that people thought because I was a new member that I was probably lying about it.

So what?

Find caches .. hide caches ... leave the drama to the soaps!

Context people context.

I've looked through your gallery and clicked on the logs with pics, I've read your FTF logs, checked out some of your puzzle finds--saw more FTFs. Your boastful logs pretty much provide all the context I need. In just about every one you brag about how smart you are, how only you could figure out how to find it first, etc. Other peoples' FTFs mean nothing--only yours really count. Context can be from the other person's point of view, too, you know--your fellow cachers.

Context people context.

I've looked through your gallery and clicked on the logs with pics, I've read your FTF logs, checked out some of your puzzle finds--saw more FTFs. Your boastful logs pretty much provide all the context I need. In just about every one you brag about how smart you are, how only you could figure out how to find it first, etc. Other peoples' FTFs mean nothing--only yours really count. Context can be from the other person's point of view, too, you know--your fellow cachers.

Again context.

Less my very first FTF, which I explained for already.

To call any of my other FTF logs boastful is a matter of one's personal opinion. Which I respect, but I disagree with.

Boastful is this, :) :) 6:01am!!! :) :) Oh! yeah! or "omg it felt so good to sign the fresh log ". Do any of my posts have anything like that in them, no.

If you actually read my FTF posts you will see that in all my logs I spend a lot my time thanking the COs. Hardly boastful, but as I said to each their own.

Ah, well that explains it. Here's what I mean by boastful:

The puzzle for this cache vexed me for about a week, so after those many days of trying to figure it out I gave up on it. Iam a "geo-puritan" so I find all my caches only using the clues given in the cache description. I also only find caches solo unaided by others and I never ask for help from the CO or the previous finders, and I never look at cache logs before solving a cache too. On top of that I am still a novice with 75 finds as of now. So with all that aganist me I had no choice, but to find this cache without solving the puzzle. Of course how I found it without solving the puzzle I will not divulge, so don't ask. CO I will email you how I found it.

I have been targeting harder caches like this lately in order to increase my experience, and even though I didn't solve the puzzle itself. Finding this cache really has helped me think laterally when finding caches.

I do proclaim myself the FTF without solving puzzle. FTFWSP. hehe

I noticed that as of now I am the only finder that is not a Geo-Master(cacher with thousands of finds) and I am also the only finder that didn't not find this cache as part of a team.

FTF a week after publication that's cool.

From the moment this cache was published I immediately assumed that the typical local geo-masters, whom I respect and admire very much, would find this one. A week on since it's publication I decided to make a move on it.

Most cachers seem to be so amazed when they find a cache a few hours after it's publication, so you can imagine how dumbfounded I was to find this one a full week after it's publication. I am not a FTF hound by any means, but I will make a FTF grab if I can.

That said, I have been targeting geocaches that have not been found a few days after their publication as to increase my geocaching knowledge. And this cache has definitely done that. In my book if it stumps the geo-masters it must be a hard find.

As you say--context!

Edited by Dame Deco

The puzzle for this cache vexed me for about a week, so after those many days of trying to figure it out I gave up on it. Iam a "geo-puritan" so I find all my caches only using the clues given in the cache description. I also only find caches solo unaided by others and I never ask for help from the CO or the previous finders, and I never look at cache logs before solving a cache too. On top of that I am still a novice with 75 finds as of now. So with all that aganist me I had no choice, but to find this cache without solving the puzzle. Of course how I found it without solving the puzzle I will not divulge, so don't ask. CO I will email you how I found it.

I have been targeting harder caches like this lately in order to increase my experience, and even though I didn't solve the puzzle itself. Finding this cache really has helped me think laterally when finding caches.

I noticed that as of now I am the only finder that is not a Geo-Master(cacher with thousands of finds) and I am also the only finder that didn't not find this cache as part of a team.

From the moment this cache was published I immediately assumed that the typical local geo-masters, whom I respect and admire very much, would find this one. A week on since it's publication I decided to make a move on it.

Most cachers seem to be so amazed when they find a cache a few hours after it's publication, so you can imagine how dumbfounded I was to find this one a full week after it's publication. I am not a FTF hound by any means, but I will make a FTF grab if I can.

That said, I have been targeting geocaches that have not been found a few days after their publication as to increase my geocaching knowledge. And this cache has definitely done that. In my book if it stumps the geo-masters it must be a hard find.

As you say--context!

Well, so what? :rolleyes:

I know it's not a private conversation, but I also didn't understand what "so what" added to the conversation.

He doesn't think his comments are boastful, either. But others do. Vicekitty seems to be completely oblivious to how some others might read his logs. I'm just pointing out how some might view them--not all, but some. We all have our blind spots and don't always know how we are coming across to others. We can't all be best friends, we won't all agree all the time, and that's fine, but that doesn't meant that we should completely ignore what people of a different mindset might be thinking.

I know it's not a private conversation, but I also didn't understand what "so what" added to the conversation.

He doesn't think his comments are boastful, either. But others do. Vicekitty seems to be completely oblivious to how some others might read his logs. I'm just pointing out how some might view them--not all, but some. We all have our blind spots and don't always know how we are coming across to others. We can't all be best friends, we won't all agree all the time, and that's fine, but that doesn't meant that we should completely ignore what people of a different mindset might be thinking.

I agree, but none of his comments are over-the-top-in-your-face bragging. He's just being honest.

local geo-masters, whom I respect and admire very much,

I suppose some are trying to grasp for a reason for the abusive and threatening e-mails, but are reading way too much into it. Anyone that is that sensitive to his very mild bragging, but turns around and sends harassing e-mails like that is bi-polar and has a serious disorder.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

It probably has something to do with this: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC3W1DF

Either way happy caching. Hope you are able to make some impressive hides. Terrain 3-5 kind of stuff.

Edit: I don't want you to feel like I am picking on you, This is just a possible reason why you got this email. Try to work through this and maybe you will make a friend or at least defuse the situation rather than this being like another thread on these forums.

Edit2: The thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=306325

OK, so the OP has an inconsistent FTF philosophy. But the “threat” email may have nothing to do with “FTF”. Is it common to send "anonymous" threats due to profile text?

I hope the OP has forwarded all the email information to Groundspeak. And that's what to do next time something like this happens, NOT make a thread about it.

or he can freely post in the forums as i was debating on posting something like this as someone said to me on the forums they were going to steal my cache

a matter for groudspeak in my experience they copy and past rules so they may not have been help :P

There are too many inconsistencies in the OP’s story to warrant any other answer.

The OP performed some FTF drama, then contacted cachers via email and something in those emails caused the cachers to get mad at the OP, and they emailed to the OP a “threat”. Or the threat was no threat at all, a misunderstanding on the OP’s part.

So my advice to the OP is to contact Groundspeak, not irritate cachers via email nor make a forum post when a reply arrives.

You been trying to pick me apart since you been on this forum, and I have continually answered every thing that you have thrown at me. :)

Now you are off in the land of speculation. All of which is false.

youll notice that in here they like to just shine a crystal ball and claim to know you within five seconds doesnt matter if you didnt do anything didnt start anything they still wont believe you because there always under the impression that i guess every geocacher is a saint like them and how would they do such a thing

Context people context.

So what?

Find caches .. hide caches ... leave the drama to the soaps!

hhahahaha find the caches and leave the drama some of the geocachers on the island should follow these guidelines

Check this cache out GC437WC.

I FTF'd this cache a week after it was published, but anyway, if you look in the cache description you will see where the CO writes about how he received emails from people asking him to confirm that I found it.

What he doesn't say is how in those emails people were saying that I was lying about finding it!(The CO told me) These are the people I have to deal with in my area. I need not even speak to them for them to dislike me.

Maybe you don't even realize it but you are taking jabs at your local caching community. Your logs and your commentary on your profile makes it sound like you think you are better than them because they only go after easy FTFs. Your log on the cache that had the bad coordinates reeks of entitlement as you say that your should be entitled to FTF honors because you were the first to look for it.

Of course, the reaction is off the grid. Nothing you do or say gives someone the right to steal caches or threaten you in any way. Why not simply remove yourself from the controversy? Tone down the rhetoric. Find caches and write about your experience, not about other geocachers. Don't compare yourself and your caching habits to other geocachers in your logs. Take the high road and you take away their reason to act badly.

+1

I went through your gallery last night, looked at your FTF logs, and your logs are very, very boastful. You need to walk a mile in their shoes--pretend those are logs by somebody else and ask yourself how they'd make you feel.

But no one has the right to send threatening emails, either. I'm not trying to blame the victim--you are the victim of an email threat. But tone down your FTF rhetoric a bit--it sounds like you're calling your area cachers idiots.

your whining at him for his logs being boastful have you seen some of these ftf longs makes some peoples look tame they even have down to how many hairs they have on there face shaven and that this would be there like 100 ftf etc and who knows maybe the cachers in his area are idiots

As you say--context!

I don't actually have any problem with the third one. The first two, however, could be used to define the word "boastful". :P Not to mention coming off as arrogant and condescending. Hey, they were posted, and I'm just sayin'. Someone else might look at them, 4wheelin fool for example, and think nothing of them. Vicekitty obviously thinks nothing of them.

Some of you have looked awfully hard to find comments that could be considered boastful. To me they are simply sharing the good feeling a lot of people get from finding a cache first, especially a difficult one. Yes there is a little pride showing through, but so what. I've seen much more boastful logs and wasn't offended. Given the totality of his well written logs, such as complimenting the location, the hide itself, the CO, etc, I would say they are fine posts and I would be happy to have them on one of my caches. I hope that wasn't too offensive? :unsure:

As you say--context!

I don't actually have any problem with the third one. The first two, however, could be used to define the word "boastful". :P Not to mention coming off as arrogant and condescending. Hey, they were posted, and I'm just sayin'. Someone else might look at them, 4wheelin fool for example, and think nothing of them. Vicekitty obviously thinks nothing of them.

I find his entire caching philosophy to be... interesting.

I've been lurking in this thread for a day or so trying to gain / waiting for content on which to comment. Have to admit, it is one of the more difficult threads to follow. But I think, assuming there is no unknown pertinent content which lead to the threat, that the OPs writing style was just not taken favorably by a local cacher.

Our community relies heavily on the written word. I find myself developing an opinion of the personality of local cachers (whom I've never met) based upon their logs. I'm sure there are jerks that write simple factual logs which give me no reason to form a bad opinion. I know for a fact that there are nice people who tend to write wordy logs which provide the opportunity for statements to be misinterpreted.

I learned to recognize that, although associating a log based personality to the locals is inevitable, it is most likely inaccurate.

We ought to be able to have this conversation without any further name-calling. Thank you.

Well,the subject is "Spiteful Geocachers" afterall, isn't it?

Precisely why it needs to be locked down. Once we've got this much voracious veiled vitriol and coming from a minority of vocal folks (I don't even need to point, do I?), this thread met its demise.

No more feedings.

We ought to be able to have this conversation without any further name-calling. Thank you.

Precisely why it needs to be locked down. Once we've got this much voracious veiled vitriol and coming from a minority of vocal folks (I don't even need to point, do I?), this thread met its demise.

Apparently you do need to point out, when no one can tell from your post whether or not you fall on the logs are "boastful and condescending" side of the equation or not. Whichever side it is, you are obviously of the opinion the other side needs to be silenced?

Apparently you do need to point out, when no one can tell from your post whether or not you fall on the logs are "boastful and condescending" side of the equation or not. Whichever side it is, you are obviously of the opinion the other side needs to be silenced?

I don't think you need to try so hard to understand what I'm saying. Take a look at many other threads, the issue that Keystone mentions, and who that might be talking about.

You really don't know who I'm talking about? (See #99 for some context of my position)

Edited by NeverSummer

Context people context.

Again context.

Less my very first FTF, which I explained for already.

To call any of my other FTF logs boastful is a matter of one's personal opinion. Which I respect, but I disagree with.

Boastful is this, :) :) 6:01am!!! :) :) Oh! yeah! or "omg it felt so good to sign the fresh log ". Do any of my posts have anything like that in them, no.

If you actually read my FTF posts you will see that in all my logs I spend a lot my time thanking the COs. Hardly boastful, but as I said to each their own.

While some don't like such logs, the log itself is talking about their experience. It is not comparing their caching habits to other cachers. When you start talking about others in your logs, those others may take exception. Learn to write logs that talk about your experience or perhaps an editorial about the cache itself. When you start editorializing about other cachers, you are heading for trouble. You really shouldn't be surprised when it finds you.

dadgum, this one is pretty simple.

Stop making assumptions about what other cachers have done. You don't know if finding a cache after a week means that every other cacher in the world searched for it, yet you were the only one with the ability to find it. You don't know that a cache has only been found by "geo-master" and teams because it is too difficult for any single brained individual besides yourself.

It happens, over and over on these forums. Geocaching has no police force to protect. It is anarchy out there and you can nurture that anarchy by the tone of your posts.

Some of you have looked awfully hard to find comments that could be considered boastful. To me they are simply sharing the good feeling a lot of people get from finding a cache first, especially a difficult one. Yes there is a little pride showing through, but so what. I've seen much more boastful logs and wasn't offended. Given the totality of his well written logs, such as complimenting the location, the hide itself, the CO, etc, I would say they are fine posts and I would be happy to have them on one of my caches. I hope that wasn't too offensive? :unsure:

I have absolutely no problem with someone being boastful and proud of their accomplishment, but let's keep things in perspective. A found it log is supposed to be about your experience in finding the cache. I don't think that it should be used as a platform to compare yourself to other cachers. Plain and simple. If I read those logs on mine or some other local cache I would simply shake my head. Unfortunately, some people are wound a little too tight and will use that as an excuse to behave badly.

No more feedings.

No need to lock the thread. Just stop one user from trying to advance their personal agenda in several threads, thus derailing them, and all will be fine. I have trust in our moderators.

I too have been lurking in this thread for awhile, reading the replies from everyone, reading the OPs logs, their profile and that of Larry's.

Here's my opinion, and remember it is only mine, and not the general consensus.

To each his own.

I see a little contradiction in the OPs view of FTFs. Now, I do not knock the OP in finding those FTFs, and to me, I would view this as a little egotistic if I was one of the FTF hounds, which I am not. If I do find one... great, if not, oh well. I am not blaming the OP, nor the FTF hounds.

Now as far as the main topic is concerned, I personally would put out a cache in the most fairly obvious place, an easy 1 - 1, and see what happens.

I would contact GS about your concern about the possible cache destruction, but I would never not place a cache in the area I live in. For one, your imagination / creativity might bring something to the area that the "regulars" might just find original. Something fresh, something new.

If all else fails, try contacting some of the local cachers and ask for their advice. I recently moved to a new area, and not being used to the hides of the area, I quickly made myself known and became good friends with quite a few cachers in my area. Not only do we meet during local events, we often get together and go and do some caches together.

As far as the forums, never assume that everyone that answers your thread will have the same opinion as yours. Always be prepared for some opinions that vary mildly to wildly from yours. The main thing to remember, be open, be honest, don't try to hide anything, and be prepared to face some hard facts.

I love the forums for the fact that everyone has their own voice, either it be right or not, mirrors your view or not. It is a place where everyone can say what they need to say, as long as it stays within the guidelines.

Having said that...I am done

Cheers!

I don't think you need to try so hard to understand what I'm saying. Take a look at many other threads, the issue that Keystone mentions, and who that might be talking about.

You really don't know who I'm talking about? (See #99 for some context of my position)

Apparently not!! Thanks for the nice response to a total misunderstanding there. :)

Apparently not!! Thanks for the nice response to a total misunderstanding there. :)

There has been a few derailments in the forums as of late, and I too think that this "who" NeverSummer may be talking about is one of the main reasons that a few of the other threads have been locked down.

I don't often raise my voice in the forums, but come on now... enough is enough... :sad:

Edited by TheLegoFool&Missus

There definitely seems to be some disagreement about whether or not logs or profiles like mine are acceptable. But after viewing this thread since I started it, I see that there are many more folks that view my posts as being benign in nature. I said to myself that if it seemed that a majority of people were taking offense to my log and profile style, I would change it. But it really only seems that a minority sect is taking offense to them. As a matter of principle I don't think anyone should have to be coerced to change their opinions, but in the interests of being a better geo-citizen I was going to do that. But like I said it seems that only a few are being slighted, still don't know why, so I am not going to change anything about what I do.

There definitely seems to be some disagreement about whether or not logs or profiles like mine are acceptable. But after viewing this thread since I started it, I see that there are many more folks that view my posts as being benign in nature. I said to myself that if it seemed that a majority of people were taking offense to my log and profile style, I would change it. But it really only seems that a minority sect is taking offense to them. As a matter of principle I don't think anyone should have to be coerced to change their opinions, but in the interests of being a better geo-citizen I was going to do that. But like I said it seems that only a few are being slighted, still don't know why, so I am not going to change anything about what I do.

You shouldn't change your profile. There is nothing wrong with it. You are not swearing in it or calling people out (by name)

However I do read your posts as boasting posts that you are better then them. Which rubs me the wrong way and taking into account that it comes across as you don't like ftfs yet you'll go out to get one I can understand why others have taken offence to them. Maybe don't change your profile but for future logs tone it down slightly?

Edit to clear up. Not your forum posts I meant you logs... Not posts.

Edited by sparklefingers

Even though I knew they couldn't help me, I did reach out to GS. All they told me that is that they feel my situation is unfortunate and there is nothing they can do outside their servers. Like I said I knew that beforehand.

Anyway, as I said before several people have reached out to me and expressed their willingness to help me. To those people I thank you. I look forward to your guys help in creating some evil hides. One guy even gave me the idea of having a cache that requires the use of an endoscopic camera, genius! I would love to see someone steal that let alone find it! :)

I smell pork chops.

I also seem to find a trend lately on the forums where people come in to complain about a situation, hope for an answer that they likely won't get, and expose what the root cause is simply through their posts in the thread.

There are "spiteful" geocachers out there, simply because there are "spiteful" humans in the world. Now, to call "them" out as spiteful, I'm wondering at what point the OP will step back and see how some of what they are getting defensive about might just be the mirror they need to look into?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i found a trend lately to like this topic some people will answer...

some will just go off topic instantly or with some there always has to be a hidden agenda

even though you may have done nothing wrong but they always assume that you did or your hiding something

paranoid?

cache with web cams are nice try and steal that

I personally think that you were going to do whatever it was you were going to do regardless of what came out in this thread. Doing an informal pole in the forum gains you nothing as none of us is the individual that has decided to give you grief. I really do not care what you say in your profile or in your logs. I was simply trying to have you look at it from the perceptive of those that may be offended. Since you refuse to do that, you will never see what the actual problem is and you will never be able to resolve it.

Going through life being "right" all the time can have some serious negative consequences.

I personally think that you were going to do whatever it was you were going to do regardless of what came out in this thread. Doing an informal pole in the forum gains you nothing as none of us is the individual that has decided to give you grief. I really do not care what you say in your profile or in your logs. I was simply trying to have you look at it from the perceptive of those that may be offended. Since you refuse to do that, you will never see what the actual problem is and you will never be able to resolve it.

Going through life being "right" all the time can have some serious negative consequences.

I wasn't trying to be right. I was trying to get the community's opinion on the matter, and I got that. I don't specifically need to know what the guy who emailed me was thinking.

Only a very small minority is getting offended by it, and I know this is a small sample, but I am sure the trend of people having no issues with my profile and logs will continue.

Now to say that I wouldn't change based on the outcome of this thread is speculation on your part. Believe me when I say that if there was a overwhelming response against me, I would most definitely change my ways.

I refuse to be bullied by a small minority in the geocaching community.

I wasn't trying to be right. I was trying to get the community's opinion on the matter, and I got that. I don't specifically need to know what the guy who emailed me was thinking.

Only a very small minority is getting offended by it, and I know this is a small sample, but I am sure the trend of people having no issues with my profile and logs will continue.

Now to say that I wouldn't change based on the outcome of this thread is speculation on your part. Believe me when I say that if there was a overwhelming response against me, I would most definitely change my ways.

This thread was pretty darn funny and this takes the cake right here. Don't change anything cuz we are not the ones stalking you and threating to destroy all your caches that you hide. Guess you really don't want to hide caches anyway. LMAO :laughing: Oh and I don't like your profile either. <_<

Edited by the4dirtydogs

Just out of curiosity, I went back through the thread. 6 people, including myself, think that your logs are a bit boastful and you might tone them down a bit, and 4 people think that your logs are absolutely fine. So that's actually 6 to 4 against your view. That said, log however you want. All I wanted to do was point out how some folks might read them. I wasn't trying to bully you--I'm sorry that you felt bullied. I only wanted to show you that others might take a different point of view. Make of it what you will. But 6 to 4 is hardly "a very small minority".

In my count I disregarded views of the profile and counted views of the logs only.

Edited by Dame Deco

Just out of curiosity, I went back through the thread. 6 people, including myself, think that your logs are a bit boastful and you might tone them down a bit, and 4 people think that your logs are absolutely fine.

Make that five who think the logs are fine. I've been only lurking, so far, but if you want to take a tally on the matter, I have to say I'm with the soldier on this one. I've seen more braggadocio in my area than this. FTF hounds are competitive (that's the whole point), so I shouldn't expect indifference from someone who seeks a FTF and succeeds.

At any rate, I would argue that a braggart has a right to be a braggart. That may not be ideal. People may not like it. It doesn't matter. I don't want to live my life wondering if a guy is acting humble because he really is humble, or if he's only acting that way to make people esteem him more highly.

Just out of curiosity, I went back through the thread. 6 people, including myself, think that your logs are a bit boastful and you might tone them down a bit, and 4 people think that your logs are absolutely fine. So that's actually 6 to 4 against your view. That said, log however you want. All I wanted to do was point out how some folks might read them. I wasn't trying to bully you--I'm sorry that you felt bullied. I only wanted to show you that others might take a different point of view. Make of it what you will. But 6 to 4 is hardly "a very small minority".

In my count I disregarded views of the profile and counted views of the logs only.

If you want to get into the numbers, I was also including the people have personally reached out to me who have not posted in this forum.

I am not going to go through every post here, but why wouldn't you count profile and log views as one?

Edited by vicekitty

I just want to stick my nose in here to say that even though there is a FTF group here in my area; it is all a very friendly thing. Sometimes the top FTF'ers will even purposefully wait to go grab a new cache so that someone else can have the opportunity. They also regularly leave any FTF prizes for subsequent loggers. Escambia County FL, Santa Rosa County FL, Okaloosa County FL and Baldwin County AL is where I cache. I hope the OP has gotten what they wanted out of this thread.

Brian

*GeoPunx*

I just want to stick my nose in here to say that even though there is a FTF group here in my area; it is all a very friendly thing. Sometimes the top FTF'ers will even purposefully wait to go grab a new cache so that someone else can have the opportunity. They also regularly leave any FTF prizes for subsequent loggers. Escambia County FL, Santa Rosa County FL, Okaloosa County FL and Baldwin County AL is where I cache. I hope the OP has gotten what they wanted out of this thread.

Brian

*GeoPunx*

I have gotten what I needed out of this thread. I learned that in the geocaching world you need to tread carefully and choose your words wisely. Not that I am going to change mine.

I also learned that as far as the forums are concerned, they are not for me. In here people twist your words and selectively choose information to fit their views and try to make you out like you did something wrong.

I just got a mental image of the famous face plant photo of Captain Picard...

If you want to get into the numbers, I was also including the people have personally reached out to me who have not posted in this forum.

I am not going to go through every post here, but why wouldn't you count profile and log views as one?

Because they are not. Your profile is about you. Your cache logs are about your experience with each individual cache. Don't know how many times I can write it, but your cache logs are not supposed to be about other cachers. Stop editorializing about other cachers in your logs and your problem will probably disappear. Is that not your goal?

At any rate, I'm done. You can run around with your fingers in your ears humming Naaaaaa all you want.

thats just six peoples opinions theres how many geocachers?

Brian

*GeoPunx*

I have gotten what I needed out of this thread. I learned that in the geocaching world you need to tread carefully and choose your words wisely. Not that I am going to change mine.

I also learned that as far as the forums are concerned, they are not for me. In here people twist your words and selectively choose information to fit their views and try to make you out like you did something wrong.

true that they do that a lot in here haha but what can you do ? geo on! and ignore them:D:D:D

Once you give in, that won't be enough, they'll want more. That's the way it works. If its not you, it'll be someone else. Rewarding bad behavior only encourages it, and its most likely not the first time that they have done it. If you don't stand up for yourself, they will push you back down whenever you get a chance. House broken into? It's your fault for buying that new car. Wife assaulted? It's her fault for wearing a skirt. Don't give in to that nonsense.

Because they are not. Your profile is about you. Your cache logs are about your experience with each individual cache. Don't know how many times I can write it, but your cache logs are not supposed to be about other cachers. Stop editorializing about other cachers in your logs and your problem will probably disappear. Is that not your goal?

At any rate, I'm done. You can run around with your fingers in your ears humming Naaaaaa all you want.

I never really thought about this thread and your logs too hard, but Don put it perfectly. Your cache logs "should not be about other cachers"!<=== What I have in quotes there. Perfect sentence. Stop doing it, and all hard feelings will cease. Well, a lot of them may remember it, but they'll forget it over time, I assume. :lol:

Edited by Mr.Yuck