Las Vegas bound, need some to find some travelbugs.

sparky660

Red Rock is beautiful. Just make sure you bring plenty of water. The last time we were there, we met someone who was attempting to run the loop but ran out of water half way through. He was grateful for some assistance. Of course, we were visiting in July.

But I also think of Mount Charleston (if it is not snowy), with one of my favorite caches perched on a rocky overlook. Within reach of Vegas is also the Valley of Fire, with some of the most beautiful country in the region. There are areas nearby the Valley of Fire where you can see and cache the original Old Spanish trail.

But if you are looking for travelbugs, then perhaps the Old Pioneer Saloon could be of interest. It is an area that we visited for the location, rather than hiking, but we had so much fun there that we are going back next July. . . somehow we always visit Vegas in the heat of the summer. It has a lot of travelers listed in the inventory, which of course does not mean much of anything.

Yes, please, Sparky, as I am headed to Vegas in three weeks and plan on doing the same thing. I have a few TBs to drop off somewhere out there too and I've noticed that many of the caches in Vegas are micros. I'm also headed to the Grand Canyon if anyone can make suggestions for caching in that area too.

Yes, please, Sparky, as I am headed to Vegas in three weeks and plan on doing the same thing. I have a few TBs to drop off somewhere out there too and I've noticed that many of the caches in Vegas are micros. I'm also headed to the Grand Canyon if anyone can make suggestions for caching in that area too.

The following suburban caches were all placed by the same cacher, have more than 50 favorite points each and are large enough to hold TBs. They are in North Las Vegas but are well worth the drive to see as the favorite points are much deserved.

Miss. Power

Thomas Edison

GPS (Great Pipe Stash)

GPSII

You've Got Mail

I've listed them in order of increasing creativity by the owner. The first to are not all that unusual type of cache but each has a clever twist. The last two are truly great caches. Enjoy!

We're heading to Vegas in late May from New Zealand and were hoping to find some public Lists that local cachers have put together with their favourite caches and spots to visit but haven't seen any. We're definitely heading to The Old Pioneer Saloon and to the Valley of Fire but would appreciate a good list of 'must do' caches while in the area. Yes, fav points are a good option to follow but would be great to hear from locals who can suggest great areas to visit (that have caches!)

We're heading to Vegas in late May from New Zealand and were hoping to find some public Lists that local cachers have put together with their favourite caches and spots to visit but haven't seen any. We're definitely heading to The Old Pioneer Saloon and to the Valley of Fire but would appreciate a good list of 'must do' caches while in the area. Yes, fav points are a good option to follow but would be great to hear from locals who can suggest great areas to visit (that have caches!)

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=8e4a4307-ac32-4efc-a5a9-1f8b7b005be4

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=a1ade754-9a36-4faa-9ffd-b789e7d1ace0

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=1fd2ee81-6e62-4134-9c53-f29bc146fcab

Can you see these? I tried to put together lists and asked other FB group members to help me, but not many helped. I'm more urban so it's slanted in that direction just due to my experience. Use it as a starting point.

I just got back from Vegas and enjoyed a couple caches in particular. One was "A Special Memory" which is mentioned in someone's earlier reply (GCQ596) and the second one is a new cache just off the Vegas Strip. It was "The Mansion" (GC47XGR). It is not a difficult find; actually it is a lamp post cache, but the view is great! Big enough to hold a couple small TBs too and it seems to get lots of traffic to get those TBs moving quickly.