How do I enable Text Notifications?

TC+12

I just got my first Premium Membership a little over a week ago and now I am trying to figure out how to get text notifications for new Geocaches. I've heard other Geocachers talking about it and stuff but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it! Also, I have email notifications enabled for new Geocaches in the area, but I cannot seem to be able to figure out the mobile notification part. :blink: Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

I just got my first Premium Membership a little over a week ago and now I am trying to figure out how to get text notifications for new Geocaches. I've heard other Geocachers talking about it and stuff but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it! Also, I have email notifications enabled for new Geocaches in the area, but I cannot seem to be able to figure out the mobile notification part. :blink: Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

They are email notifications...not in-app notifications.

http://www.geocaching.com/notify/edit.aspx

To clarify; go to http://www.geocaching.com/notify/ Where ytou can set up notification to email TO get those to your phone, you can set up an email to text. You will need to look it up for your provider but it will be something like phonenumbemessage@phonecompany.com You can also download GMAIL or other accounts to Android and Iphone as well. That's what a lot of people I know do.

Oooohhh! Okay I get it now! Well that stinks! I thought you could do text notifications! :( Oh well, maybe someday! <_<

Thanks for the help! :)

I thought you could do text notifications!

You can. Most (all?) cell providers have what's called an email-to-SMS service. It will receive an email, convert it to a text message, then send it to your phone. If you Google your cell provider and "email to sms", you should be able to find out how their email-to-SMS addresses are set up (ie. [phonenumber]@[provider].com, etc.). Then you need to create new notifications on Geocaching.com and use that address as the "email" address.

I thought you could do text notifications!

You can. Most (all?) cell providers have what's called an email-to-SMS service. It will receive an email, convert it to a text message, then send it to your phone. If you Google your cell provider and "email to sms", you should be able to find out how their email-to-SMS addresses are set up (ie. [phonenumber]@[provider].com, etc.). Then you need to create new notifications on Geocaching.com and use that address as the "email" address.

You are right! Went to the Wikipedia page and it told me how to it easily and now I have the text SMS notifications all set up now! Thank You!! :D