Dakota 20 vs. Oregon 450

The only plus I see is Wherigo. Unless, of course, size matters. Some say it doesn't........

I have a Dakota 20 and have thought about the Wherigo function, but can't see spending the extra for it. I do have an app on my phone for it, but haven't taken the trouble to figure out how it works. Being somewhat challenged when it comes to stuff like that, I don't let it worry me.

I was tempted last Black Friday by a really good deal on the Oregon, but refrained as the Jeep needs a new top.

The only plus I see is Wherigo. Unless, of course, size matters. Some say it doesn't........

I have a Dakota 20 and have thought about the Wherigo function, but can't see spending the extra for it. I do have an app on my phone for it, but haven't taken the trouble to figure out how it works. Being somewhat challenged when it comes to stuff like that, I don't let it worry me.

I was tempted last Black Friday by a really good deal on the Oregon, but refrained as the Jeep needs a new top.

My OPINION is that the Oregon series is constructed of much higher quality components and materials than the Dakota. I have both, and particularly the USB 'flap' and sloppy mechanical power button on the Dakota seem severely poorly executed. Examining both together in person will reveal what I am referring to.