How do I add already found caches to Magellan 310

chicknde

Hey Everyone,

I started caching last summer using an old gps and would come home log in and update my finds. I have recently purchased a Magellan 310 and would like to know if there is a way I can transfer all of my found caches to the gps. Can't seem to figure it out. I have tried downloading one of the found caches but it does not transfer the fact it has been found already. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

I started caching last summer using an old gps and would come home log in and update my finds. I have recently purchased a Magellan 310 and would like to know if there is a way I can transfer all of my found caches to the gps. Can't seem to figure it out. I have tried downloading one of the found caches but it does not transfer the fact it has been found already. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Gotta ask..... Why?

The fact that your "found" caches aren't on the unit actually is a good thing. It eliminates "clutter" if all of those smileys were to appear on the map. There also comes the issue of clogging the available memory, that at some point, you would have to clean it up, anyway.

That said... if you are dead-set on clutter, run a My Finds query and load it to your GPSr -- this may or may not work.

Alternatively, you can load each cache AND mark it as FOUND in the unit. The key is marking it FOUND in the unit -- you probably should try to use the proper date that it was found by you, also.

Whatever the case, if you upload field notes, this may cause some confusion, resulting in caches logged as "found" multiple times.

----------

I just looked, and now realize that you are speaking of 35 caches. Admittedly, that wouldn't be much clutter, but it time, it'll catch up to you.

I'm simply suggesting let the website keep track of your finds, you should use the GPSr for finding not-found caches, not holding already found caches.