A new cache log

Guest GraceRg

Guest GraceRg

Was out caching today and, upon seeing the contents of the cache, came upon an idea. In the cache were two gold dollars. These dollars reminded me of another site in which the dollars were taken back to Europe.

-The Idea-

What if we included a small log with each cache trinket. These logs would indicate who found the trinket and where it had been. A neat way of creating a record of the 'interactions' between cachers even though they may have never met in person.

I will start doing this ... but I wondered what everyone else thought.

Rg

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

I've been on this for a while. I'll have something available in 3-4 weeks to check out. More details then ...

Jeremy

Cool. icon_smile.gif You should check out www.wheresgeorge.com for some ideas about how to implement this feature.

Guest Cach-U-Nuts

We are going to add a special beanie to our "Barrel of Beanies" cache here in Utah. He will have a custom made back pack on with a small log book to log his travels, we will also have an additional web site for the logger to log his destination so we can track him. My husband is NUTS for this game and spends hours developing new games, some he has ready to play and some are still in the works. We'll let you know what he comes up with!

Guest buddhavista

I like this idea too. It would be a thing that would travel between the caches. Geocachers can pick them up and drop them off in the next cache they log. The thing should have a log or diary associated with it. I tried this with 'Sam West'. Sam is a little paper mache guy I made, I attached a log book and dropped him in a cache. The only request is that he travel West. The idea is to go around the world. I have a web page set up to track his progress. He made it a few hundered miles away, but I have not heard anything of late. Thats the only real downfall.

Now it would be great to have a common area like on Geocache.com That people could enter and track their geocache 'ARTIFACTS'!

check it out... http://www.asteroidwranglers.com/~wtaylor/geocache/SamWest.htm

Guest packnrat

Yes this thought did/does exist as in the origans of this sport. look into...i for get the proper name but has somthing to do with mailbox's it is a british thing,

they have a rubber stamp in the cache and you have one (a uniuque one) made to be soumthing about just you.

as i am know as packnrat. so my stamp would be in that line.

sounds like it would be a good thing to give this a new life,

packnrat