Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Off Grid

caches on vancouver island

what do you think the best cache on vancouver island is? is it because of the location the shape the size of the container or...?

just went to the made in canada eh! cache was awesome! huge ammo can with so many travel bugs was nice to see them all and read where they came from huge log book as well:D

GC2Y8Q8

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the Canada forum.

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the Canada forum.

thank you :D

If you're in Nanaimo, here's a fun one that involves history and a great final:GC1AM3P

Thanks for that one. The family and I may be in Nanaimo for the Easter weekend and we're looking for some interesting caches to do in the area.

If you're in Nanaimo, here's a fun one that involves history and a great final:GC1AM3P

Thanks for that one. The family and I may be in Nanaimo for the Easter weekend and we're looking for some interesting caches to do in the area.

Just remember the final is not available on Sundays. ;)

Two of my favourites is, GC2VYNR Pandora's Box for its originality, you need to contact the cache owner to be able to "find" it and GC1P8HC Union Bay Mine for its adventure. I appreciate all caches, but I really enjoy the lock n locks or ammo cans, and caches that bring us for a lovely walk or to a spot we wouldn't have found ordinarily. I am not a fan of micros, or a fan of guardians. I just love digging through the caches to see what treasures are hidden inside.

Edited by RayandLynn

You can search for caches by inputting a postal code and search radius, then sorting by favorite points by clicking on the blue ribbon.

For instance, a 30 km radius from my neighborhood

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=48.47028&lng=-123.33045&dist=18.75&sortdir=desc&sort=fav

I have made a public bookmark list of the top 100 greater victoria caches using the above searchL

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=4c0cbb6c-6bf9-4c7c-b732-098871b4034c

I'm not sure how you'd do all of Vancouver Island, though, without ones from Vancouver or Washington slipping in there.

Edited by The_Incredibles_

Just found my first cache on the Island today, and heading out for more soon!

Just found my first cache on the Island today, and heading out for more soon!

Congrats and welcome to the island! Look forward to reading about your adventures. :D