difference between a night cache and day cache

kellyrenae

Just curious to know if there is a difference in looking for night caches vs day caches and what it would be if any.. I haven't come across any caches in my area that specifically say night cache. It sounds like it would be interesting to try, but Im sure more caution would be involved.

Some caches are considered "night caches" simply because the location is more easily accessible at night, i.e., less muggles around. Some are multis where you reach the first stage and with a flashlight you can follow a trail of reflectors to the cache. The reflectors wouldn't be noticeable in daylight but stand out clearly at night when a light is shined at them.

I have a night cache where at the starting point the cacher will find a dyno torch, when pressing it some lights will start flashing inside a box hanging high up the trees, making the coordinates readable. Doesn't work during the day (light sensor).

Box is spray painted several layers; the cover has several layers on the inside where the coordinates are scratched out in, and a single thin layer on the outside making it completely invisible in the day. So this can only be done at night. A reflector trail leads you along a faint trail through the woods to the starting point, and from there back to the main trails.