HELP!

Bernike

Hi!

I really need some help here. I have ordered some geocoins and when activating the Oreo cookie one, I misread the tracking code. Instead of a 'Z', I typed a '2', silly me! Even with the wrong code I still managed to activate it and when I saw the name suggestion (California car or so - totally differing from what it should have been, an Oreo Cookie), I realised my mistake. Now I have both the 'right/Cookie' and the 'wrong/Car' coded geocoins activated. What to do? I activated something I don't own:(

Hi!

I really need some help here. I have ordered some geocoins and when activating the Oreo cookie one, I misread the tracking code. Instead of a 'Z', I typed a '2', silly me! Even with the wrong code I still managed to activate it and when I saw the name suggestion (California car or so - totally differing from what it should have been, an Oreo Cookie), I realised my mistake. Now I have both the 'right/Cookie' and the 'wrong/Car' coded geocoins activated. What to do? I activated something I don't own:(

Send an email to the folks at Groundspeak and tell them what happened. They might / should be able to help with this problem.

Thanks! Sooner or later I would have written to them, but I thought maybe there's a simpler way. Guess not!(:

Nope. Don't believe it's anything that can be resolved or corrected from the trenches.

Always important to read the description that comes up with the activation page telling you what geo/trackable it is you are activating.

Well, I knew what GC it was supposed to be, but only after pushing the 'Activate Your Trackable' button I saw it's a completely different name and it was already activated, so no way back! I wrote to Groundspeak now. Let's see what they can do about my typo..