Trouble with Magellan eXplorist 110

Riven22

So I'm currently in the UK on a student exchange and my friend shipped me a Magellan 110. He lives in Hamilton, Ontario and did open it and tried it out before sending it to me. However when I try to use it, the little blue arrow says i'm in Hamilton at my friends house rather than Swansea. How do i get this to find my location properly?

So I'm currently in the UK on a student exchange and my friend shipped me a Magellan 110. He lives in Hamilton, Ontario and did open it and tried it out before sending it to me. However when I try to use it, the little blue arrow says i'm in Hamilton at my friends house rather than Swansea. How do i get this to find my location properly?

Sometimes mine does the same thing (Garmin Colorado 300). It helps if I go outside and walk a little. Interested to see what the others in this forum advise.

Turn it on, set it down outside with a clear view of the sky and walk away, for at least 1/2 hour.

It thinks it is still in Hamilton. Shipping it without it knowing that it traveled a long distance requires a "cold start" It needs to search the sky for an extended period of time.

Don't rush it, let it do its' thing.

EDIT to add: you may be able to help it a little (not sure as I haven't messed with that unit). Sometimes, through the Main Menu, you can inform it where you are standing, i.e. U.S., England, China, South Africa.....

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee