maps

scapaflo

I have an older version of city navigator and have downloaded a few topo maps from GPSFile depot for mac. They are all accessible on my mac in base camp and have downloaded them onto my sd card via card reader. When card inserted into my etrex 20 it tells me they are locked. They are unlocked on my mac however. Any idea's to resolve this issue? I just got the etrex 2 days ago. Al

I have an older version of city navigator and have downloaded a few topo maps from GPSFile depot for mac. They are all accessible on my mac in base camp and have downloaded them onto my sd card via card reader. When card inserted into my etrex 20 it tells me they are locked. They are unlocked on my mac however. Any idea's to resolve this issue? I just got the etrex 2 days ago. Al

Those Garmin maps that have locking generally lock a specific map product to a specific serial number GPS receiver. Just because one can view the maps in Basecamp or Mapsource doesn't suggest they will viewable on any Garmin GPS receiver. There was a time were license agreements for Garmin maps allowed the maps to be used on two receivers. For those map products one must obtain a second unlock code from Garmin for the second receiver. To view the city navigator map on your eTrex 20 you will need an unlock code peculiar to the S/N of your eTrex. Your difficulties are not likely related to downloaded gpsfiledepot maps.

Spoke with Garmin and I'm out of luck with getting an unlock code for city navigator on my etrex. I guess its a one shot deal. Deleted the city from my Sd card and the other topo maps became available :) I however now have another question. I can't find a way to access the other topo maps I have on my sd card. All the maps are in one place in my "select map" folder. How do I change which one I want to display? I stumbled across the individual maps last night but am unable to do it again. Al