deleting logs

Off Grid

(and before some of you get started were talking about logs not coordinates)

I just recently published a cache since its going to be brought in anyways. I was looking at some of the logs that were posted on there and to me they felt like they were attacking me offensive and I did not like them so as an individual I wanted to get rid of the negative logs but was told that I can not delete my own logs at all. Doesnt seem to matter if they offended me or not.

Geocache Maintenance

Owner is responsible for geocache listing maintenance.

As the owner of your cache listing, your responsibility includes quality control of all posts to the cache listing. Delete any logs that appear to be bogus, counterfeit, off-topic or otherwise inappropriate.

OWNERS

It is one of your maintenance duties as the cache owner to monitor quality control of posts to the cache page. To this end, you have the power to delete logs.

I even tried to encrypt it and well you cant...because people freak out. to me as the owner the logs were offensive it had nothing to do with the cache at hand if they would have just typed a positive hey your coordinates are off but this park is so beautiful lala than thats positive to me the comments that were left were insensitive and inappropriate to me i wanted to clean up my page. i do not care that you did not find it to me it adds to the geocache so no that is not why i would be deleting them as i said to me dnfs are positive that mean your hiding the cache right. now as it is they have reposted there logs and there just great.......

And I thought I was slow... The thread was not about logs it was about statistics and if you are to immature to realize that that's not my problem :)

Please show us where your opening statement talks about statistics...

I shall also add...while it was a general comment...calling others "slow" and "immature" is not helping your case in talking about being or not being offended.

ive been called quite a few things since ive been on here and if slow and immature is all i say that im doing a hell of a lot better than you guys are:)

happy caching

mm pork chops

I'm fully aware that this thread is not about stats. It is about logs. But the common thread within both is that you think that you have a right to delete other's logs willy-nilly. The other common thread is that you have a thin skin regarding logs on your caches, a disregard for those less fortunate than you, and that you want your incorrect interpretation of the guidelines to support your behavior.

Pay more attention to what the moderators and the Reviewers that have posted here have said. I see this, and the other thread, for what it is...

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons onion powder

2 tablespoons garlic powder

1 teaspoon cayenne

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

4 pork chops, 3/4-inch thick, bone-in

1/4 cup olive oil

1 cup chicken broth

1/2 cup buttermilk

Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish

Directions

Put the flour in a shallow platter and add the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly. Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels to remove any moisture and then dredge them in the seasoned flour; shaking off the excess.

Heat a large saute pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat and coat with the oil. When the oil is nice and hot, lay the pork chops in the pan in a single layer and fry for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove the pork chops from the pan and add a little sprinkle of seasoned flour to the pan drippings. Mix the flour into the fat to dissolve and then pour in the chicken broth in. Let the liquid cook down for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly. Stir in the buttermilk to make a creamy gravy and return the pork chops to the pan, covering them with the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes until the pork is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.

ive been called quite a few things since ive been on here and if slow and immature is all i say that im doing a hell of a lot better than you guys are:)

Okay, seriously, can a mod please end this? There's no discussion going on at all, and the OP is simply trolling now.

...or we could turn this discussion into one of pork chop recipes...

PS. As I was typing this, the OP submitted a non-judgmental and inoffensive find log on one of my caches. Just thought I'd throw that out there since we're already completely off-topic.

Okay, seriously, can a mod please end this? There's no discussion going on at all, and the OP is simply trolling now.

Now?! :blink:

:laughing:

Don't delete logs. Unless they go against the guidelines. And if you do delete, be prepared to deal with the possible email from the user whose log you deleted. And don't be surprised when they re-log. Don't turn it into a personal attack with a back-and-forth. Have a thick skin, and let it go, lest you ruin a reputation.

Also, don't be surprised when a Reviewer or Groundspeak themselves reinstate a log that you misguidedly delete out of retaliation and lack of said thick -enough skin...

Summary complete. No more feedings, ok?

This entire thread was about trolling from the start. The OP has an entitlement and narcissistic complex that dictates that he must get attention, he and he alone is right and that all rules should bend to his whims. He doesn't want honest discussion so much as a platform to complain about Groundspeak and insult other members that call him out on his crap.

Why this is allowed to continue is beyond me.

This entire thread was about trolling from the start. The OP has an entitlement and narcissistic complex that dictates that he must get attention, he and he alone is right and that all rules should bend to his whims. He doesn't want honest discussion so much as a platform to complain about Groundspeak and insult other members that call him out on his crap.

Why this is allowed to continue is beyond me.

We decided to stop feeding this thread. :)

come on folks..

newer take critisim or suggestions personally,

we all make bad caches once in a while, and we surely also find them now and then,

then good thing is people can learn if people tell them what they feel was done wrong,

any GPS can screw up 20-30 meters on a bad day, just bad luck this happen when you place your new cache.

some areas are good or bad, and people are more or less aware of this,

nothing bad or wrong when people say the location is not good for a cache,

go and see again, bring your mom, ask her if she like the location,

if she say yes my lovely son, I like to sit here and enjoy the view, you found a perfect spot.

Threads like this one and its counterpart are one good reason against sharing an account with someone (especially a teenager).

Imagine how Dad will feel if he ever attends an event and introduces himself by his Off Grid name?

Makes for fun reading, though. :drama:

Threads like this one and its counterpart are one good reason against sharing an account with someone (especially a teenager).

Imagine how Dad will feel if he ever attends an event and introduces himself by his Off Grid name?

Makes for fun reading, though. :drama:

I don't know if I ever told you guys this, but Coldgears is my Son. B)

That's what you guys think so I'll let you think that to me this whole thing has been rather amusing how you can make a topic go so out of control because of so many different peoples opinions and how certain they are haha have a fun day happy caching

Aahahahahahahahahsh I'm not a teenager and he doesn't care

Seeing the wildly differing types of posts that have been made under this username and its previous incarnation, I'm thinking there's a couple of scenarios that might be possible:

A) The adult in the household is not aware that his/her username is being used to troll and break a lot of Forum Rules.

B ) The adult is aware of what's going on and is in some way encouraging the misbehaviour, by allowing the password to be used by another person, or by openly encouraging this trollish behaviour.

Whatever the situation is, the adult is responsible for all posts made under his/her username. A forum vacation imposed on this username might be a wake-up call to the adult who is not closely monitoring their account.

This account is overdue for moderator action, no matter who is at the keyboard making these inflammatory, derogatory, insulting posts in numerous threads. People have had admin bricks thrown at them for far, far less offensive posts.

Forum Guidelines: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Nope and lol uh...

Considering you have photos up on your "Geo-caching" homepage, it looks like you're somewhere in that tween/teen range, unless you look really young for your age. :D

But I digress... to stay on topic, I'll weigh in that no, most of the time there is no good reason to delete a log - and the first course of action would be to contact the finder to see if they're willing to edit their log to remove some info - like if the log revealed too much about where the cache was hidden.

Nope and lol uh...

Considering you have photos up on your "Geo-caching" homepage, it looks like you're somewhere in that tween/teen range, unless you look really young for your age. :D

Well, at least she didn't call it Geocatching. I friggin' hate that. And Groundpeak accommodates it, because it works if you type it in your browser.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30.

In there somewhere? :)

There's maybe one post on this page on-topic to the discussion of when logs can/should be deleted. Since we're mainly discussing personality issues, I'm closing the thread. It would be best not to have any further threads about the OP's problematic cache, and to take a break from log deletion discussions until a new situation naturally sparks a new discussion. Thanks.