Corrected puzzle sorting

salz69

Make a bookmark list called Solved Puzzles.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do- I want to view the puzzles I've already solved- there are hundreds, so I won't remember them all. I was wondering if there is a filter to use to find which caches I have already corrected

Make a bookmark list called Solved Puzzles.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do- I want to view the puzzles I've already solved- there are hundreds, so I won't remember them all. I was wondering if there is a filter to use to find which caches I have already corrected

Implementation of this feature request would certainly help:

run PQ for caches with corrected coordinates

Implementation of this feature request would certainly help:

run PQ for caches with corrected coordinates

I was thinking about this the other day, too. A search for this idea brought me here. Apologies for bumping an older thread, but it's still a good idea IMO.

I'd also like to request a new feature which would provide some sort of link that would poll through any and all caches which have had the coords corrected by myself using the "pencil" method and display a list populated with the results. Perhaps this is something best handled/most easily implemented by a PQ toggle option as frinklabs mentions above?

I'm not very techy, so I respect that this is likely a large undertaking, but I agree with his previous post mentioning that it becomes difficult to recall the ones you have solved as time goes on.

I put all Unknown caches on my Ignore List. When I solve a puzzle and correct the coordinates I remove it from the list. In this way my queries will only contain listings with good coordinates.

I only wish the Ignore List pages had a sort feature for 'Distance' and 'Cache Type' to make finding them easier.

I put all Unknown caches on my Ignore List. When I solve a puzzle and correct the coordinates I remove it from the list. In this way my queries will only contain listings with good coordinates.

I only wish the Ignore List pages had a sort feature for 'Distance' and 'Cache Type' to make finding them easier.

At the risk of being repetitive you could download the list to GSAK and sort however you want.

The answer as always is GSAK. Creat a db and use the API to download caches. Make sure the Corrected Coordinates field,is displayed and then click to,sort. All the corrected ones will be at the top.

I think that's a fantastic idea for those who utilize GSAK and the API. While I use that program daily and try to keep all my corrected coordinates there, it doesn't help those who'd rather not download and purchase third party software to manage something that really should have controls within the scope of the Geocaching website somewhere. AFAIK, it also doesn't help non-premium members either, since they wouldn't have access to the API. For me, it would likely also require multiple calls to the API to query unknown caches across great distances and multiple states and provinces since I tend to randomly solve puzzles in areas I may go in the relatively near future when I'm bored.

Even if I did all that, I'm still not assured to have found them all. Which is why I would politely disagree and say that, as powerful a program as it is, GSAK is not the answer here.

At the risk of being repetitive you could download the list to GSAK and sort however you want.

While I agree that from this point forward, GSAK is a good plan- my original problem was the years before I used GSAK. I have found around 1500 puzzles- I would have to go back to each one individually to get the corrected coords and then enter all that into my GSAK database. I already have close to 600 Puzzles solved in different databases in GSAK- I keep one named "Puzzles Solved/Found" and Puzzles Solved/Unfound". What I was really wanting to do was to go to my profile and click on all of my found puzzles and run two separate GPX files- one where I corrected the coords and one for solved field puzzles and other puzzles that I did not save the corrected coords for. Basically, I want everything at my fingertips, but I don't want the hassle of going back through seven years of found puzzles and re-entering them individually.

Here's a possibility based on your saying you have found those caches. Run a My Finds PQ which would give you all of them and they would have the corrected coordinates in them but GSAK wouldn't know it since a PQ doesn't give that information. Filter for Mystery caches and then run the update (light will do I think but go full if that doesn't work). GSAK will identify all the ones that have corrected coords and put a cute little yellow triangle in the "Corrected Coords" field. The difference is that the API call returns a field called "Is Corrected" which GSAK reads and handles appropriately.

For a rather good discussion about how the froggie and GSAK can handle corrected coords go here. GSAK Forum Corrected Coords

I have a different question regarding solved puzzles. So you change the coordinates to the solved ones on the cache page and save them, then make a bookmark list of them. Now that you have a Bookmark with solved puzzle and correct coords, then you can make o Pocket Query from that Bookmar. The problem I have found is that the pocket query does not keep the solved coords but loads the bogus ones to your GPS from the pocket query. I don't know why this happens but it shouldn't be. That means a pocket query is useless and you have to load each cache to your GPS one at a time from the cache page in order to keep the solved coords. Can't this be changed to work?

You are correct that PQ's don't return the corrected coords. The best way around that is something like GSAK and use the API call to get your caches. Then the corrected coordinates are entered. The DB field is marked that they are corrected and the Garmin Export Macro can be modified so that when you see them on your GPS you know they are corrected.

You are correct that PQ's don't return the corrected coords. The best way around that is something like GSAK and use the API call to get your caches. Then the corrected coordinates are entered. The DB field is marked that they are corrected and the Garmin Export Macro can be modified so that when you see them on your GPS you know they are corrected.

Just be sure that you don't accidentally load a Pocket Query into GSAK (instead of choosing a geographical area with the API) which covers an area where you may have corrected coords updated on the Geocaching.com website. IIRC, doing so removes the corrected co-ordinates flag within GSAK, and you're back to the original concern of the OP of this thread.

At that point it becomes a bit of a circular issue, and as such should really have a control within each cacher's main page on Geocaching.com. IMO, I think it should be something similar to "Manage Favorites", but certainly that functionality should be available to us without the need of downloading and potentially purchasing other programs to do this work.