first timer Event Cache?

Saw_Bones

I'm planning on going to Megacon in Orlando, FL. Its a comic book convention but people come from all over the country to attend. I'm posting here to see if there is any interest in a meet and greet event during the convention. I haven't made a cache or event cache before and I would welcome any advice as well on doing an event.

Edited by Saw_Bones

I'm sure that if you post an event in the Orlando area, people will attend. Some locals, some tourists, and some Megacon attendees.

You are up against a time deadline, I looked up Megacon and the dates are March 15-17, 2013

Your event must be written up for review 2 weeks BEFORE its date. http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#event

As you're not local, likely the easiest thing for you to do is post some kind of Meet and Greet at a restaurant or a park in the area.

You really don't need to get fancy with this. Just post a place and time, and people will come. It isn't necessary to have games or prizes or any of that jazz. Just get together and talk geocaching.

I'm sure that if you post an event in the Orlando area, people will attend. Some locals, some tourists, and some Megacon attendees.

You are up against a time deadline, I looked up Megacon and the dates are March 15-17, 2013

Your event must be written up for review 2 weeks BEFORE its date. http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#event

As you're not local, likely the easiest thing for you to do is post some kind of Meet and Greet at a restaurant or a park in the area.

You really don't need to get fancy with this. Just post a place and time, and people will come. It isn't necessary to have games or prizes or any of that jazz. Just get together and talk geocaching.

Thanks for the info, though I am local (DeLand area) just not an Orlando local.