"Cache ROute"

geofry25

OK maybe this is a dumb question but here goes. I already have all the caches that are 10 miles within my home location.

I wanted to run out for some quick grabs with my gf wed evening and was wondering is there anyway to graph out or route a dozen or so caches without removing what is already on my GPS? Im not sure if I want to do this necessarily just sort of thinking out loud I guess. I have an Oregon 550.

OK maybe this is a dumb question but here goes. I already have all the caches that are 10 miles within my home location.

I wanted to run out for some quick grabs with my gf wed evening and was wondering is there anyway to graph out or route a dozen or so caches without removing what is already on my GPS? Im not sure if I want to do this necessarily just sort of thinking out loud I guess. I have an Oregon 550.

You should be able to go to the caches you want to add to your GPS and send them individually as GPX files to your GPS. However, if you want to do a bunch, you can also us a PQ, but make sure it is loaded into your GPS as a different file name from what you already have loaded ie south.gpx instead of geocaches.gpx. As long as you don't go over the limit of the 550 (which is probably about 1000 waypoints) you should be ok.

That's a great feature. I'm gonna give it a try. I also realized this am that the pq gpx on there now is so small of a file that pulling it off and adding the dozen or so on the wouldn't be such a big deal to do. This feature is something that would be cool to use for say, on my way to work or shopping etc. As always appreciate the help and guidance from the forums.

BaseCamp is free and works pretty well, but GSAK is (IMHO) much more powerful in what it is capable of doing. GSAK has a greater learning curve than BC. GSAK has a free trial period and then a fee if you like it and decide to use it. I use both for different things as both (IMHO) have their place in caching. Ha!