Struggling with creating a PQ

tony92629

I have been trying to create a pocket query for several days. I used zip codes, GC Numbers, Coordinates.....I have clicked on or off every possible box option. Size, times and all. It keeps coming back with "0" results. I tried creating one from the maps. Please help. Any suggestions?

92629 zip code.

I've always found it easiest to create PQs off the map. Get the area centered that you're interested in, and click the "Save as pocket query" button.

Once in the PQ form, you really don't have to click ANYTHING, other than the day you want it to run (whatever today's day is, usually). Don't click anything else- often times two settings can counteract each other. Anything that's already selected, just leave selected.

Then just scroll down to the bottom and click "submit information."

At that point you should have the chance to preview the caches that have turned up in your pocket query.

I have been trying to create a pocket query for several days. I used zip codes, GC Numbers, Coordinates.....I have clicked on or off every possible box option. Size, times and all. It keeps coming back with "0" results. I tried creating one from the maps. Please help. Any suggestions?

92629 zip code.

The most common cause of 0 results is using incompatible conditions in the That (And) section, such as That I have found and That I have not found. The PQ generator tests each cache based on the parameters you select; because a cache can't be one that you found and one that you didn't find, it returns 0. At first, don't select any conditions in this section and see what happens. If this doesn't solve the problem, come back here and we'll do further troubleshooting.

Edited to add: DON'T select a day for it to run until you have the results you want. You can preview the results using the Preview options on the left.

Edited by NanCycle

Forget using zip codes.... they are problematic.

...coming back with "0" results.

Leads me to believe that you are utilizing some self-cancelling parameters. "I don't own" with "I own" will self cancel. "I have found" and "I have not found" self cancel.

HINT: Instead of running a PQ each and every time... leave the box for Day-of-the-week to run UNCHECKED. Submit the PQ as normal, but before leaving the page, scroll to the top and there will be a link provided for you to preview the results.

The PQ has not ran, therefore it does not count against your 5/day limit.

If you need to make changes, back-page and do so, run as you did before, until happy with the results.

Happy with the results as they are? Just back-page and set the Day-of-the-week to run.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

I've always found it easiest to create PQs off the map. Get the area centered that you're interested in, and click the "Save as pocket query" button.

Once in the PQ form, you really don't have to click ANYTHING, other than the day you want it to run (whatever today's day is, usually). Don't click anything else- often times two settings can counteract each other. Anything that's already selected, just leave selected.

At that point you should have the chance to preview the caches that have turned up in your pocket query.

Yay! - It just came back with 270 results! I really think I was cancelling something out.

Forget using zip codes.... they are problematic.

...coming back with "0" results.

Leads me to believe that you are utilizing some self-cancelling parameters. "I don't own" with "I own" will self cancel. "I have found" and "I have not found" self cancel.

HINT: Instead of running a PQ each and every time... leave the box for Day-of-the-week to run UNCHECKED. Submit the PQ as normal, but before leaving the page, scroll to the top and there will be a link provided for you to preview the results.

The PQ has not ran, therefore it does not count against your 5/day limit.

If you need to make changes, back-page and do so, run as you did before, until happy with the results.

Happy with the results as they are? Just back-page and set the Day-of-the-week to run.

Yes, it seems like the zip code thing isnt the way to go! Thanks.

Yay! - It just came back with 270 results! I really think I was cancelling something out.

Great! I'm glad it worked. Enjoy the ease of downloading caches! :)