has website changed?

Fridge01

Has the geocaching website changed recently? or is it my computer?

I can't decrypt hints. clicking in Decrypt refreshes the page with the hint still encrypted.

The logs no longer appear on the cache description page. I have to click on View Logs to see them.

and the map on the right side of the page no longer appears.

Does anyone recognize these issues? any hints?

This is a known issue that has been brought up in the last week or so. I'll see if I can find the other thread about this. From; This thread

This is likely caused by viewing the site in Internet Explorer with "Compatibility Mode" turned on. Please try turning off this feature when on Geocaching.com and see if that clears up these issues for you. To do this, call up the site and then click the icon that looks like a torn piece of paper to the right of the field containing the web address.

Edited by T.D.M.22

I can't decrypt hints. clicking in Decrypt refreshes the page with the hint still encrypted.

The logs no longer appear on the cache description page. I have to click on View Logs to see them.

Do you also have an "older browsers" warning in a yellow bar at the top of each cache page, and you're using Windows Internet Explorer? http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=307718

The way you fix the "no decrypt, no logs, yellow bar", is by turning on "Compatibility Mode". If Compatibility Mode is already on, turn it off. I don't know if the website changed, nor why Compatibility Mode being "on" (or not "on") helps.

Edited by kunarion

I was able to fix the problem by clicking the torn paper icon to the right of the address bar to turn off the compatibility mode. It worked fine after that.

Edited by JEJ419