How to hide this cache

GottaCacheEm_ALL

I need to hide a micro container underneath a stone bench. I cannot do anything that would harm the bench and it needs to be hidden on the bottom side of the piece you sit on so its only noticeable if you were to get underneath. Any ideas?

Tape will wear out fast so might not be best.

I've seen velcro used in similar situations. May need replacement eventually but it usually seems to hold up for awhile. Get the adhesive Velcro and stick one side under the bench and the other side on the container.

Is the stone bench "bumpy" or sealed into a smooth surface? If it is smooth, you might try some 3M adhesive thingys - you just have to prepare the surface really well, clean the area with rubbing alcohol so it is totally clean. This one is like double-sided tape:

3M_2182-3851_3m_48_Count_Small_Command_Poster_Strips.jpg

Then put a thin piece of metal on the other side of the strip and - voila! - your magnetic nano will stick and slide off just as if it were on a metal bench.

This is all theory of course. I've never tried it. You might want to do a test of a few weeks in poor weather before you publish.

I'm not sure if this would be considered harming the bench, and I can't say I recommend it, but I once found a cache underneath a stone bench just as you describe, and it was magnetically attached to a metal plate that the CO had glued to the bottom of the bench.

Instead of glue, attach the metal plate with a dab of silicone. That stuff usually comes off clean and leaves no residue (after it's cured). . Might not hold as well as some other adhesives, though. I'd experiment with it a little first.