Oregon 550 "add comment"

DeVolson

Does any one know how to use this function?

The comments can be sent as "Field Notes" for each cache, to make cache logs easier. Along with a Found log (or DNF), I'll add a short comment about what I left or took, cache condition, or any short phrase to remind me of what I should type in the cache log. I usually don't type the log in the field, just some shorthand.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=128

Edited by kunarion

The comments can be sent as "Field Notes" for each cache, to make cache logs easier. Along with a Found log (or DNF), I'll add a short comment about what I left or took, cache condition, or any short phrase to remind me of what I should type in the cache log. I usually don't type the log in the field, just some shorthand.

I was looking around this AM for a topic on this and PQs so I will ask here. I used my Oregon 550 for the first time yesterday and found a handful of caches. SO as I found them we marked them as such and I used the comment field not sure of its purpose. SO do I still have to go to each cache page and log as well as add my notes? I wasn't sure if there was a way to upload or "sync" my PQ with my account and it would mark found and add my comment. Feedback and replies are appreciated.

I was looking around this AM for a topic on this and PQs so I will ask here. I used my Oregon 550 for the first time yesterday and found a handful of caches. SO as I found them we marked them as such and I used the comment field not sure of its purpose. SO do I still have to go to each cache page and log as well as add my notes? I wasn't sure if there was a way to upload or "sync" my PQ with my account and it would mark found and add my comment. Feedback and replies are appreciated.

OK I found the field note FAQ so I see what I can do with my comments but I guess this may answer my other question as well, I still have to log my finds/DNFs, etc?

EDIT: meaning I see that it does in fact answer my question. I logged all 6 of my notes from yesterday, using the entries from my field notes. That's convenient, I wasn't sure how the device helped with this step as I just got it and the little bit of caching I did previously was with my droid which obviously can log straight from device, in the field.

Edited by geofry25