GB Mapset for Locus

Out caching last weekend I found that my vector maps for Locus where missing some of the local country roads. As these where also missing from the latest mapsforge (2012-12-05) set. I rendered a new mapset from the OSM mapdata from 2013-02-19.

Download link great_britain.map

Locus

To use these vector mapsets with Locus, download and move them to the “Locus/mapsVector” directory.

Maps are rendered with mapsforge version 0.3.0

Edited by castagnari
Removal of disallowed content

I've been using OpenAndroMaps vector maps, which are also based on OSM data, but with custom render styles to make them better for hiking and biking. As it's OSM data, they're free to download (although the developer is looking for donations for a new rendering machine!) Maps are available for GB and many other locations worldwide.

The maps work with Locus, Orux Maps, and other map software that uses the Mapsforge vector library. I've used the GB and Italy versions, and not had any problems with missing detail.

I've been using OpenAndroMaps vector maps, which are also based on OSM data, but with custom render styles to make them better for hiking and biking. As it's OSM data, they're free to download (although the developer is looking for donations for a new rendering machine!) Maps are available for GB and many other locations worldwide.

The maps work with Locus, Orux Maps, and other map software that uses the Mapsforge vector library. I've used the GB and Italy versions, and not had any problems with missing detail.

Thanks jri, I will bookmark that site, their GB's maps are more up to date that Mapsforge.