Correcting coordinates option

Lindylew

When I solve an unknown (puzzle) cache, I have been using the little pencil type icon alongside the cache page coordinates to substitute the final coordinates. I then use the 'send to my GPS' button to send the cache details directly to my Garmin. This has worked perfectly for a while but suddenly I have found the details downloaded onto my GPS contain the original coordinates, not the solved ones that I have edited in.

I would appreciate any suggestions with this, as I cannot see that I am doing anything differently now than when the system did work for me.

Thanks in anticipation

Edited by Lindylew

I noticed that the corrected coords used to get picked up during a PQ, but I have been having problems lately. Esp if I run the PQ while in Firefox. Or, if I refresh the data while in GSAK, I lose the corrected coords. Frustrated when out caching and I think I have the solved puzzle coords and then come to find out I don't.

Or, if I refresh the data while in GSAK, I lose the corrected coords.

With GSAK, you need to tag the waypoint with the "Corrected Coordinates" flag to keep them when you refresh data. If you don't the refresh will overwrite what you previously had.

As to GS downloading the corrected coordinates, it is hit and miss as far as I have experienced.