How do I?

DOCSpanky

I want to be able to track the total movement of my bugs. How do I set a Home location and destination I can log my travels to? For instance, I would like to take the collection bugs I have, and when I get somewhere, log them as having traveled.. In other words, I have the tracel bug on my truck, and I would like to be able to track it everywhere I go.

Traveler mileage requires that you log them through a cache, including an event cache. You'll have to use the cache page to do your logging. There is no home location setting.

Although, I've seen cachers hide a cache at or very near home to 'dip' trackables through for mileage purposes.

Yeah, I didn't want to complicate it with the facts. :) You can explain the unpublished cache thing.

Traveler mileage requires that you log them through a cache, including an event cache. You'll have to use the cache page to do your logging. There is no home location setting.

Although, I've seen cachers hide a cache at or very near home to 'dip' trackables through for mileage purposes.

Yeah, I didn't want to complicate it with the facts. :) You can explain the unpublished cache thing.

Intrigued....... only for going on caching trips.

Intrigued....... only for going on caching trips.

Allow me to ask you this question, with honestly no angst, why do you need your portfolio to show mileage?

Ah, a true believer. Well I've logged my personal TB through every single cache I've visited even when people tell me it's a complete waste of time and they are probably right but I won't give it up. Every cache takes me some place and my travel bug goes there too. The thing is, to me, going back home is not caching.

Without angst... I have led a sedentary life for 3.5 years since I got divorced. I am using a blessing jar and getting out and traveling is a blessing. I knocked on Death's door twice in 2012, I want to go places and have pictures and information to share with my kids.

There is no method for logging an entire collection at once. (It's a long standing feature request). Each one would have to be logged individually. What most people do is select a single Travel Bug or Geocoin that is significant or has special meaning to them and log it through every cache that they find.

Without angst... I have led a sedentary life for 3.5 years since I got divorced. I am using a blessing jar and getting out and traveling is a blessing. I knocked on Death's door twice in 2012, I want to go places and have pictures and information to share with my kids.

There is no method for logging an entire collection at once. (It's a long standing feature request). Each one would have to be logged individually. What most people do is select a single Travel Bug or Geocoin that is significant or has special meaning to them and log it through every cache that they find.

Mostly correct! :P

There is such a functionality built into the Greasemonkey script GC little helper.

The trackables would all need to be in your 'Inventory', not your 'Collection'.

You can then set a preference in the script to 'Auto Visit' any of the trackables in your possession. There is no selection for 'All', but you only need the check the box once for each trackable and it stays that way.

The downside is it only works for a 'Found It' log, and my mileage tracker visits every cache I go to whether I find it or not, including re-visits for whatever reason. (...and also including going home.)

Mostly correct! :P

There is such a functionality built into the Greasemonkey script GC little helper.

The trackables would all need to be in your 'Inventory', not your 'Collection'.

You can then set a preference in the script to 'Auto Visit' any of the trackables in your possession. There is no selection for 'All', but you only need the check the box once for each trackable and it stays that way.

The downside is it only works for a 'Found It' log, and my mileage tracker visits every cache I go to whether I find it or not, including re-visits for whatever reason. (...and also including going home.)

It can be done with GSAK as well. I was trying to not throw too much information out there at once. Personally, I have one coin that is special to me that gets logged through each cache. If I did it with an entire collection, that one coin wouldn't be as special. I also have another coin that I log through caches that stand above the others.

It can be done with GSAK as well. I was trying to not throw too much information out there at once. Personally, I have one coin that is special to me that gets logged through each cache. If I did it with an entire collection, that one coin wouldn't be as special. I also have another coin that I log through caches that stand above the others.

Really?

Interesting!

But I don't use GSAK to do my logging.

I also have another coin that I log through caches that stand above the others.

COOL!, I have one too. B)

I also have a coin for those caches that sink below a certain standard.

Cruel perhaps, but it does help me keep my composure when logging.

Really?

Interesting!

But I don't use GSAK to do my logging.

I also have another coin that I log through caches that stand above the others.

COOL!, I have one too. B)

I also have a coin for those caches that sink below a certain standard.

Cruel perhaps, but it does help me keep my composure when logging.

That poor trackable , what did it ever do to you. :laughing: :laughing:

I hope it doesn't have many visits.