Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
markcase

2013 Boy Scout Jamboree Bound?

Is anyone here planning to attend the Boy Scout National Jamboree at the Summit? July 14-26, 2013. Would be nice if we can host an event. Let me know if you plan to attend. Session 1, Session 2 or the whole Jamboree.

I will be there as a 911 dispatcher, so the ONLY reason I would want to talk to you, is at a Geocaching event! LOL.

Mark Case

Education Forum Moderator

My son (who is also a cacher) will be there for the entire time. He got to go last year as part of a Shakedown Crew to "test run" the Summit site and activites for 5 days. He loved every bit he got to do and can't wait to get back there!!

Edited by AstroD-Team

My son will also be there...

Don't know if they will have a Geocaching MB station, but setting up an event for sometime during Jamboree (or two so as not to leave out staff who will only be there for 1/2)...

All you need is a log for people to sign. I know our local BSA camp doesn't allow public caches and don't know the rule for events that are restricted access, but it's possible.

Not certain if they will have a "public" venue this time, but I've been told they have in the past and that might solve the "access" problem if that keeps it from happening.

Would be great to make up some JSPs for the event, but it might be too late for that...

I will be going to the Summit this year. I am excited about it, all high adventure.

I don't know if they have a Geocaching Merit Badge station (they are not having many merit badges other than the ones at the high adventure activity areas). I think that they should, because you can geocache in about any outdoor activity (and that's how I learned about geocahing).

To visit the 2013 Jamboree:

There will be an entrance fee

You will have to walk

YOU MAY ONLY VISIT THE SUMMIT CENTER!

That is about all the restrictions. I think that if you wanted to make an event cache, you should contact the national BSA or, if you can, the Summit. I don't see any real problems, yet I can't be sure.

I can be sure that if you can post an event cache, there will be plenty of visitors.

Lindon4Her

My son just left (about an hour ago) on the bus to the Nat'l Jamboree. Three days in Washington DC beforehand. He brought along a 2 foot high plastic penguin TB. If you see it around the Jambo, please feel free to discover..........

My son left a couple days ago and is doing an east coast tour of US History and LDS Church History sites before the Jamboree.

Met A LOT of great cachers so far! Only a few days left for the Jamboree. This has gone fast.

Did you find the penguin TB? He's hanging out with Troop D413 out of Bay-Lakes Council.....

Here he is uniformed up before leaving....

76e9bb09-bc64-4995-aa25-8a876442ed33.jpg

Edited by AstroD-Team